PDA

View Full Version : FAA 1st class renewal ?

hacenito
20th Sep 2006, 20:34
hi all,
I was wondering ???
Long time I didn't take a FAA 1st class Medical and.... that was before I turned 40 :ouch:
now as I am flying on a different licence, I'd like to check if there's any special requirement ??? ECG ???
maybe can I validate the medical I pass on a regular basis, or part of it ???
thanks all for your replies :)

Flyin'Dutch'
20th Sep 2006, 20:52
I'd like to check if there's any special requirement ??? ECG ???

Hi

FAA Class I requires an ECG.

HTH

FD

CPTA
18th Oct 2006, 10:14
Hi!
If you are revalidating your FAA class one you will need a ECG once every two years that is upto the age of 40 then once every year pass the age of 40 or every six months. All airlines and private operators the ECG is manditory and now they are doing blood test for hemoglobin, I hope that I spelt that correctly and cholestrol which they never have done in all the years holding an FAA/ATP, so things are changing in the FAA class one medical., or maybe it is our age that is changing!!!! frieghtening isn't.

Good luck with the medical.

OH! as I am sure you are aware the class one is valid for six months then it drops to a class two for one year and there is a grace period of one month if I recall for you to renew your medical.:ok:

Flyin'Dutch'
18th Oct 2006, 20:38
No requirements for cholesterol test for a class 1 under the FAA rules. No difference in a renewal/first issue/lapse/grace or whatever.

Frank Voeten
FAA AME

redout
19th Oct 2006, 21:56
Hello,

I wanted to find out what the Class 1 renewal after 12 months front the initial under the age of 30 comprises of. I would appreciate if anyone could let me know. Thanks

Flyin'Dutch'
20th Oct 2006, 09:58
:eek:

Redout, as I said, there is no difference for FAA Medicals between initials and renewals.

They are the same, as in same content, same standard.