PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong Oasis Airline

ZAGORFLY
20th Sep 2006, 10:08
Today apparently have been delivered OASIS's first aircraft in Hong Kong.
Reportedly is a low cost operator to europe with prices as low as 1000 HKD for an economy seat! Welcome Cathay Pacific to lower its Business fares!
atthe moment I dont know the aircraft type. Seams is a 747 hope is at list a -400.

dragon501
21st Sep 2006, 01:58
Ive seen it, its a -400 and whether it's new or not, def looks beautifull!!!!

All the best, cheers.

SPAM ON

www.oasishongkong.com

SPAM OFF :rolleyes: :=

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?id=1113156&engine_version=6.0

330dryver
21st Sep 2006, 02:03
http://p.airliners.net/photos/photos/6/5/1/1113156.jpg

cpdude
21st Sep 2006, 02:29
It would be...

ex-IB,
ex-SQ,
ex-CI

in that order according to airliners.net:)

jetjockey696
21st Sep 2006, 07:17
Its Ex-SQ for sure for the first 2 747-400.

About time, I sick and tired paying outrageous prices between hk and london.
only down side is that its Gatwick...but hey...beggars cant be choosers

Good luck and good fortune for them now and the future.

Kitsune
21st Sep 2006, 07:34
Does this mean our staff travel prices will reduce too........:}

petitfromage
21st Sep 2006, 11:34
Lets be fair, Cathay are not in the slightest bit shy when it comes to adding Taxes and Surcharges to all and sundry.....so its somewhat interesting to see that Oasis HKs T&S into LGW are more than Cathays into LHR.

Cathay: HK$1558
Oasis: HK$1643

Although not huge it adds up. For a 744 with 350 pax this is HK$30,000.

Goodluck to them...the ticket prices will definitely challenge NZ, CX, QF, BA and Virgin!

jobe
23rd Sep 2006, 00:47
Anyone know what the pay is like for Capt / F/O?

flyer_spotter
23rd Sep 2006, 02:52
It arrived at 1850 on the 19th.

Meh I so want to see it in the air. Does anyone know when is the next time they have test flight/ training?

Performing a go-around on runway 25L.
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5819343

thanks.

dragon501
23rd Sep 2006, 03:31
Not sure what is happening in that pix from flyer spotter but have a look at the LARGE rudder deflection.... :confused: :confused:

HotDog
23rd Sep 2006, 03:51
Probably a three engine practice missed approach.

Jaguar7777
23rd Sep 2006, 08:30
Give them one thing, Nice Paintjob!

Not necessarily the sign of a Great Airline of course. :p

Good Luck to them.

gluay
23rd Sep 2006, 14:51
I'm told that they are looking for 744 type rated crew - preferably with a HKG licence

HotDog
24th Sep 2006, 22:28
An opening for the 49ers?

Avius
25th Sep 2006, 01:21
They have been able to hire a wealth of experience on the B747-400. Captains are mostly retired from Cathay Pacific and British Airways. Most of the First Officers have also thousands of hours of experience on the -400 and basically ready to move to the left seat, when necessary.

Oasis seems to make many of the simple but extremely important things right. Experienced Management team, experienced flight crews and extremely well funded to start with. Nevermind a quite unique business plan.:D

Cathay and BA are certainly not happy to see them get into the picture. Will be interesting..

Merlinrabbi
10th Dec 2006, 10:16
Ive seen it, its a -400 and whether it's new or not, def looks beautifull!!!!

the -400 are ex-SQ

mangopanga
10th Dec 2006, 10:48
Just had an impromptu interview. I think I did alright :)
The offer was for a post in Hong Kong with a substantial allowance and great terms. Beats Hassi Massoud! Now for the wait!

Interview was tough and shockingly intense. Pleasant chaps though. All retired BA and Cathay Captains.

Chief pilot sounds like a star. Will be a great christmas present.;)

NZLeardriver
10th Dec 2006, 10:53
Can you tell us about the impromtu interview?
Tech, HR etc?

mangopanga
10th Dec 2006, 11:21
All I can say is know your technical for the type you are on. The type tech was a grilling. Also asked me a vast amount of aero-d questions and it was obvoious they had read 'flying the big jets'. Also be prepared to answer questions such as are you happy with living in Hong Kong and that you are a company person.
It would appear they are looking for candidates who are willing to look after themselves as well as the company. The panel was very forthcoming woth info and in all I had a good feeling about the interview. They have all the gen on salaries etc. All of that has been published before. I was told that they are looking for type rated and non type rated. The interview lasted an hour and the sim ride about 30 mins. Sim was standard, eng out ILS, visual circuits.B737.

neilb767
12th Dec 2006, 07:33
Just wondering where you had your interview?

Was it a walk in?

I am considering the open day in LGW. Are they doing interviews on the spot ?

Cheers.

Oh and when did they want you in HKG ?

neilb767
19th Dec 2006, 04:50
Mango,

Whats ur story dude, there are people here that are researching information about a new start airline and your misleading post are of no value.

On the Fragrant harbour forum ,you has told us you got a inteview and subsequently a job offer. Yet you have provided no details when asked by a few of the members.

On the African form , you have stated that you work in ATC :confused:

Got YA ! .... Here are your last few posts.

Thanks for nothing. Dude.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/search.php?searchid=746054

airbus2boeing
18th May 2007, 20:08
It's been a while, anything new with this airline?
For those guys that got in; are you happy there? How's the schedule like?

bman0429
24th May 2007, 22:48
Hey,

Just an update I am interviewing on the 1st of june I'll report back here with the details.

Regards,

Bman

airbus2boeing
25th May 2007, 01:26
Thanks bman, I'm right behind you, I'm going there on June 5th.

bad livin'
25th May 2007, 07:55
Chaps/ladies, just spent a great week in HK, flew out and back with Oasis - outstanding service, outstandingly cheap tickets, and gorgeous hosties....crack on! They also just took delivery of another -400 this last week.

flyboy007
1st Aug 2007, 23:49
Anyone know if they are interested in non 747 tr guys, or will be any time soon?

27yrs old 2700TT, 2500 Widebody Jet, 750 Widebody Command.

I'd apply but can't get past the screening process wrt 747 rating!

Cheers, all the best

Bokkenrijder
3rd Aug 2007, 09:25
I have the same problem as flyboy007.

The requirements are;

* Acceptable ICAO CPL or ATPL
* Minimum of 2000 flying hours with at least 1000 flying hours jet
* Class one medical

Nowhere a 744 or 747 rating is mentioned as a requirement.

p.s. Does an EU citizen have the right to live and work in HK?

sinkingship
3rd Aug 2007, 10:05
Do Oasis still operate with S/O's?
What happened to their first batch, have they all been upgraded to F/O or otherwise.

Thanks.

sizematters
3rd Aug 2007, 11:44
well looks like flyboy has been either incredibly lucky or flying the old Parker P45....................How do you get 750 widebody command with 2700 Total??

flyboy007
3rd Aug 2007, 12:57
Sizematters: Military. L1011s.

Bokken: It's frustrating isn't it. As you say, nowhere anymore does it mention 747 Rating as a req.

Fly747
3rd Aug 2007, 13:21
I believe that they have recently dropped the 747 rating requirement but would like you to contribute towards the rating. Flyboy007, all you need to do is hop on an Oasis and go and make yourself known in the Aviator at TC. Another of Her Majesty's finest did that a few months ago and was hired on the spot!

Dan Winterland
3rd Aug 2007, 17:13
744 rating no lomger required (just not that many 744 rated chaps out there) but they will require you to pay for a 744 rating, even if you're 74C rated. To get past the problem on their website, just tick the yes box. I don't think they've got round to changing the site yet.

They can either ignore you, or reply. As they need 150 pilots by this time next year, I suspect they may reply! And going for a pint or two in the Aviator (the 'Slashers Arms') in Tung Chung may just work. I suspect more than one pilot has gone there for 'just the one' and woken up with a hangover and a job!.

Those 750 hours Tristar command will have been well earnred BTW!

flyboy007
3rd Aug 2007, 17:19
Fantastic guys, cheers for the info. I'm on my way to tick the type rated box as we speak.

You have some Tristar experience Dan? It's been a busy few years.

Cheers guys, all the best

airbus2boeing
3rd Aug 2007, 19:41
Just so you know, they are not hiring at the moment because they're waiting for another destination to be approved first before they proceed with hiring/training pilots.

Dan Winterland
4th Aug 2007, 02:55
A temporary lull. 150 pilots required by this time next year.

flyboy 007 - not tri*, but very close!

19weeler
5th Aug 2007, 15:46
Dan Winterland.
By no means is this a jab at you so dont take this the wrong way.
But.... refering to the Aviator as the "slashers arms" I find to be a bit callous and insensitive.
Hopefully you dont know where that name came from and you're just quoting something you heard, but, judging by your post count I imagine you do.

Buttie Box
5th Aug 2007, 22:30
19wheeler

Please don't take this the wrong way.

I met the gentleman in question before the unfortunate episode in the toilets...actually, that doesn't sound like it's supposed to. Nice chap, fell foul of the CX (lack of) training dept and, well, we know the rest.

The "Slashers Arms" is our own irreverant...irevirent...well, it's how we deal with things such as that as aircrew. To suggest that we drop what is to all intents and purposes is a term of endearment is rather like turning up on a new sqn/airline and saying,"They called me 'Nutz' on the last outfit and I didn't like it so please don't call me that." Oh, do you think so? We had an engineer at a secret airbase somewhere in Wiltshire who was in the C-130 that lost a wing in the Falklands. The poor chap had trouble dealing with it and ended up with the nickname, 'Nutty Bob.' I flew with him on many occasions and he was fine, but could we/he shake the name?

My point is that the Slasher's it is and the Slasher's it will remain, and if it were me who decided it was all too much I would applaud the sentiment I left behind, if I could only get my arms out of my strait-jacket.

Moving on, and somewhat off topic, why don't we have a Xmas revue on the airline where we do sketches parodying the hierarchy, purely as a means of stress relief and fun? Can you imagine it? I can think of about half a dozen sketches already. It's not fair having a sense of irony and having nowhere to direct it.

BB

Dan Winterland
9th Aug 2007, 10:34
Yes, I did know why 'The Aviator' is referred to as 'The Slasher's Arms'. The reason why I referred to it as such is that it is almost universally known as that now.

Flyboy 007 - Check your PMs.

ted23
13th Aug 2007, 17:37
Just to clarify; are you required to live in Hong Kong? Could one live in Vancouver, or in the UK? What are the plans for Oasis--with 150 pilots being hired that must be a pretty large increase in the fleet I would think.:ok:

geh065
14th Aug 2007, 07:32
They currently have three 744s with three more on the way. Doubling the fleet but with some more planned expansion in the works beyond this.

threestable
28th Aug 2007, 12:32
Could any Oasis FO provide an indication of typical rostering patterns? Post or PM. as I need to ascertain whether this job would be commutable. Many thanks in advance.
TS.

cpahka
28th Aug 2007, 13:19
What happened with the ex MH 744 and will not be take delivery even painted with O8 livery with test flight done, the airplane now sitting in Subang airport KL !

geh065
29th Aug 2007, 03:22
...and YVR they are thinking of dropping?

moosp
29th Aug 2007, 15:02
I had heard that it was nothing to do with YVR but that Oakland was taking longer to arrange than predicted. The cousins and HKG Gov go way back, but there are politics to attend to.

Why leave it in Subang? Much cheaper parking fees for one main reason. Also a minor marketing reason of not leaving a prominent tail on the ground for a few weeks at CLK. But parking and maintenance charges are the main reason.

geh065
30th Aug 2007, 15:26
Actually the lease was cancelled. The CAD have received notice of the cancellation of the lease and the cancellation of the reserved registration.

cpahka
31st Aug 2007, 13:16
The expansion plan on hold now or ......?

The Resistance
4th Sep 2007, 03:15
how many 400s now

great southern land
5th Sep 2007, 00:06
Is there a possibility of the airline obtaining another type of AC...?

cpahka
5th Sep 2007, 00:51
Any idea the rest 2 ex ANA -400s, continue as planned the delivery time by end of this year or postpone UFN !