PDA

View Full Version : Kemble on the West Country News

hobbit1983
20th Sep 2006, 07:56
During my mad rush to down my tea and wolf down my toast this morning, I caught the last part of a piece on the West Country news, re. Kemble Airfield and it's "misuse of planning permission"...apparently a decision is expected soon, presumably on whether or not the airfield can still be used in the way it presently is (This would affect Deltajets, Devonair, Ultimate High & BCT Aviation - to name a few - I assume).

A quick search on the BBC site & Google didn't find any articles on this, nor did a search of this forum. Does anyone have an update/more info?

Ta,

Hobbit

greeners
20th Sep 2006, 10:29
Never believe everything you read in the newspapers. The airfield has made submissions and hopes that the proposed enforcement action will not be instituted. In the worst case scenario if this did go ahead it will take a few weeks for CDC to administer enforcement, then there is three months for the airfield to prove there is no case. This is just a part of a 'game' where CDC are trying to find a way to get their hooks into the airfield and gain some form of control - no need to panic chaps!

OpenCirrus619
20th Sep 2006, 11:15
Cotswold District Council website has: this (http://www.cmis.cotswold.gov.uk/CMISWebPublic/Binary.ashx?Document=12615#search=%22kemble%20airfield%20pla nning%20permission%202006%22) - which seems to pretty well cover what's going on.

OC619

hobbit1983
20th Sep 2006, 12:04
Thanks for the info chaps - glad to hear it doens't look like Kemble Airfield won't be shut down for, well, operating as an airfield!

Cheers,

Hobbit