PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter hand signals

Cyclic Hotline
19th Sep 2006, 16:02
Police make meal of diner's rude gesture to helicopter

Tuesday September 19, 2006
By Louisa Cleave

Police pulled an Auckland restaurant diner away from his lunch for a tongue-lashing after he gave the finger to the police helicopter as it lifted off outside the window.

The man made the gesture while dining with a woman at Mikano restaurant, which overlooks the police helicopter base at Mechanics Bay, last Friday, a witness said.

A few minutes later, a policeman entered the restaurant and took the man outside for a "stern talking to", the witness said. "It seemed like a huge over-reaction and abuse of power to those of us who witnessed the event."

Inspector Mark Hall of Auckland City Police would not make inquiries with the helicopter crew yesterday and described the matter as "trivial".

He said if police had spoken to a diner, then it was appropriate action. Police would respond to offensive behaviour directed at them, he said.

"I haven't made any inquiries and we're just discussing a hypothetical. On the face of it, it's offensive. The person appears to have been spoken to about his behaviour."

Hahahaha, well done that man! Abuse of power, get real! He might think twice about doing this again as the cops might appear pretty restrained in comparison to some other people you might give the finger to!

Pandalet
19th Sep 2006, 16:14
and this is what happens if you try this in 'Merkin land:

VGCGlnBvNtw

19th Sep 2006, 16:56
Excellent video - perhaps if a few british bobbies were allowed to respond that way we might have a lot less gobby 'you can't touch me I got rights' tossers on the streets.

Two's in
19th Sep 2006, 23:18
A quick thinker would have said that he was just indicating to the crew that they were cleared to start the No 1 engine...

13snoopy
20th Sep 2006, 03:55
True story:
A cop in my town arrested a minority youth about five years ago for "giving him (cop) the finger" as the cop and his partner drove thru the kid's neighborhood.
Said kid's day in court arrived and when the judge reviewed the case he immediately dismissed the charge and apologized to the kid for the cop's "stupid and frivalous actions" and then proceeded to chew out the cop in court for "wasting the court's precious time with such a minor offense"...
Judge went on warn the cop that he had better never do such a ridculous thing again.
As the cop left the courtroom he said "thank you, your honor" and then proceeded to give the judge the finger!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
Judge could only laugh feebly.
True tale.