PDA

View Full Version : E-3 AWACS over Glasgow 19/sept 14.20

cokecan
19th Sep 2006, 13:24
Blimey!

being near to both Glasgow and Preswick airports we never, ever, get military A/C fly over us.

it was flying quite low, heading north-west(ish), radar-thing turning happily.

any exercises on at the mo or just just someone bored/lost?

nice to see anyway...

QFIhawkman
19th Sep 2006, 13:37
You can guarantee he wasn't bored or lost. He's there for a reason, not one known to me unfortunately. My best guess is he's on a training flight.

And in that area, you see more military aircraft than you probably realise. Don't just think in terms of pointy and fast!

brickhistory
19th Sep 2006, 13:41
Uh-oh, guess the little green men are nigh..........

(Didn't you see "Independence Day?" First thing the movie military leadership did was send an E-3 in for a v.i.d.) :ouch:

Thanks, I can show myself to the door.....

Training Risky
19th Sep 2006, 14:56
It was probably ensuring the safe passage of a C-17 load of cluster bombs into Prestwick, routing from the USA to Tel Aviv; and in the opposite direction, a C-17 load of unlawful combatants routing from somewhere in Europe towards the Halal Carribean Holiday Island!:}

Sailor Vee
19th Sep 2006, 14:58
Nah, he was just checking that the deep-fried-mars-bar quota wasn't being exceeded!:ouch:

airborne_artist
19th Sep 2006, 14:59
There's been one over Liverpool all weekend - checking up on the Scallyban.

Back in the Barrel
19th Sep 2006, 16:19
Have just landed from said sortie. Glad to hear that the appearance of an unglamorous E-3D can brighten someone's day. Just a trg flight I'm afraid, but may the conspiracists imagine all they want! We visited Newcastle earlier in the afternoon as well.

Yeller_Gait
19th Sep 2006, 16:50
Glad you managed to find a servicable one today!

Y_G

Lima Juliet
19th Sep 2006, 19:58
Glad you managed to find a servicable one today!

Y_G

Probably wasn't, that was why it was doing P-sortie circuits at Glasgow or Prestwick;)

LJ

The Gorilla
19th Sep 2006, 20:09
Seems to me like the important bits were serviceable!
:p