PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Credit Card

smith
19th Sep 2006, 10:15
Has anyone ever managed to obtain a free flight via this? If you book 5 return flights or spend £1,000 in 3 months using the credit card you recieve a voucher for a free return flight. I've recieved two of the vouchers and never been able to get the flights requested for free, yet when I have went ahead and booked the same flight full fare there have been many spare seats available.

Even if you do get on the flight the booking fee is £1.75 per sector. I assume the free flights available will be the 1p listed ones and if you used your debit card instead you would save on the booking fees. One good thing they have is an extended interest free credit period for purchases.

woolyalan
19th Sep 2006, 10:17
Isn't it usually the flight fare is free, but you still have to pay the fuel/airport/admin/baggage charges? thats what it is for the 'Free' flights you can win with the onboard raffle

smith
19th Sep 2006, 10:31
Yes you do have to pay fees and taxes. But "free" flights never seem to be available when you want them. Normally with the lies of the BA credit card if you use it to book a BA flight there are no booking fees, with Ryan using the Ryan credit card you have to pay £1.75 per sector.

Emeraude
19th Sep 2006, 10:55
You must be doing something wrong Smith!! I've used the free flight vouchers from the Ryanair credit card on several occasions, including booking a flight that was advertised at £134. Just "taxes" to pay as always, but otherwise exactly as it says on the voucher. You do have to phone to make the booking though - it can't be used online.