PDA

View Full Version : Rip Off Hotels!!!!!!!!

Up & Away
18th Sep 2006, 20:26
If you still have 'the yellow peril' next year ..007 .. I'm looking forward to lunch already!!
Where's the closest refuel?
It will take us most of the afternoon to get back.

B Sousa
18th Sep 2006, 20:38
I think a neat way to get back at these places is find one that has property adjacent to it, get permission to land there and walk over to the Hotel..........
They say something just say you used the free parking..........

007helicopter
18th Sep 2006, 20:59
UP & AWAY

No problem a tank full at Rochester will get us there and back - Take some sandwiches and water to sustain us en route...

OldRookie
19th Sep 2006, 08:32
Picked a mate up last week for lunch, he decided he would like to try some where close to his home in Macclesfield.
I suggested he called a few hotels in the area that are included in Pooleys!

What a shock!!!!! If you pitch up in a car there is no fee, pitch up in a 22 and hey full MALLETING............
Mottram Hall £95.00 landing fee :=
Moorcock at Disley £75.00 :=

Full marks to Shrigley Hall near Bollington, no landing fee, Great lunch.:ok:

Anybody else got a list of stay away hotels?

Was that the white R22 that followed a course along Gawsworth Road (B5392) and returned later last Sunday the 10th ? Or was it you this Sunday just returning that way ? Only we dont see much rotary traffic over here. The odd 206 taking photo's and a black r22 now and again.

cyclic flare
20th Sep 2006, 08:28
Was that the white R22 that followed a course along Gawsworth Road (B5392) and returned later last Sunday the 10th ? Or was it you this Sunday just returning that way ? [B][I]Only we dont see much rotary traffic over here. The odd 206 taking photo's and a black r22 now and again.

There are more helicopters around that area then anywhere in the north of England
Stuart Knox Helicopter instructor lives and flies from his home less than 1/2 mile from Mottram Hall, the white R22
Tony Sullivan lives and flies from home 2 miles from Mottram Hall the black R22
Steve Bell Jet Ranger 2 Miles from Mottram hall
Jack Froggatt 5 miles east R44
Jeff Fairbanks helicopter dealer 3 miles from Mottram Hall
Several other machines based around chelford , alderley edge

OldRookie
20th Sep 2006, 11:11
Well not many fly over us here. Trust me I have early warning radar, he is called Sam and he is three.

rotorfan
21st Sep 2006, 06:54
Jeez, if it costs that much just to land, what does the valet charge to park the ship?? :eek: I hope no additional charges for added scratches and dings.:(