PDA

View Full Version : RAF video?

High_lander
17th Sep 2006, 21:57
Perhaps a contender at last for a decent RAF video?:rolleyes:

Okay, remove the dodgy texts, and the appearance of a F-15E a bit of the way through, and its not too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLxyYL2YoLs .

Comments?

LateArmLive
18th Sep 2006, 10:53
And the footage from a half-decent targeting pod :rolleyes:

Regie Mental
18th Sep 2006, 11:14
... and the SHARs aboard the CVS, the V Sqn F.3 driver and the camo Herks (but good effort in my view).

A2QFI
18th Sep 2006, 11:24
Grisly music too - depends on your age group I suppose!

Skunkerama
18th Sep 2006, 11:39
And terrorists..........
when we find you................
We'll give you and your family free asylum and tea and bickies..........

Skunkerama
18th Sep 2006, 13:44
This is a bit more spectaculer, some of the flying is a bit cowboyish though I think seeing as there are atleast 3 others in that helo.

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2006/choppers-muse-p1.php

Hoop Stress
18th Sep 2006, 14:22
Very good, but...

They featured three aircraft that haven't seen ops for years, if at all, and ommited the one aircraft that is always first there.

6foottanker
18th Sep 2006, 18:46
Many moons ago, I got given a CD ROM when I joined up called Royal Air Force Air Power. The movie is simply a combo of the video clips available on that and mostly about 7 years old. So I'm not impressed. Sorry!:zzz:

Maple 01
18th Sep 2006, 20:21
You mean that wasn't a novelty drinks coaster?

There are still several million copies acting as landfill in Norfolk

Semper Jump Jet
19th Sep 2006, 04:07
Not enough Harrier footage. And I don't get it, was that guy yelling in German? I guess that's why there were so many subtitles...;)

davidtrogg
29th Jan 2007, 09:12
any one seen any ?
cant be beaten :D

Flame Out
29th Jan 2007, 09:26
Jenvey[/LEFT];2858136]Not bad - but they need to edit out the Canberra too!

Mike, aren't we leasing the Canberra back into service? Might be wrong, something I read a while back?

Gingerbread Man
29th Jan 2007, 10:24
There was a vid from the Gulf War called 'Boys of Bahrain' floating around at one point. That was pretty good and wasn't just promotional videos stuck together.

Thought this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oknwgi_Noc) one wasn't bad either. The music is from the car chase on The Bourne Identity if anyone was curious.

Cheers

Ginger ;)

Wader2
29th Jan 2007, 10:29
Many moons ago, I got given a CD ROM when I joined up called Royal Air Force Air Power. The movie is simply a combo of the video clips available on that and mostly about 7 years old.

Is that the one that starts with the 3 (or 5) eyed fighter controller and no clip longer than 5 seconds?

I pity the poor sods conned into these PR stunts. Many moons ago the last guy in to work at Ballykelly was sent to the Mess to take part in a recruiting phot shoot for stewards.

Great pic, appeared in all the national press, Joe sitting at dining table, girlie standing by him, slightly shorter, ready to serve. Only thing is, Joe was about 6 ft 4 and incredibly long upper body :} .

There was no mistaking who he was - namesake was an assasinated president.