PDA

View Full Version : Sqd Ldr Bill Wilson (RAFP/APM)

Wilders85
17th Sep 2006, 02:23
Ladies and gents

I know that my trade has been justifiably ridiculed on this site in recent months. However for those elder members I feel it appropriate to advise of the untimely death of Sqd Ldr Bill Wilson Rtd (Ex RAFP FS) on 13th June of this year at the age of 65 years.

I have just learnt of the event and must admit to being somewhat shocked.

I first met Bill in 1983 whilst a very young Sgt, he was the FO SyO at a silly place in Cambs. I did not at the time agree with a lot of his policies and our relationship was strained to say the least. As far as the job was concerned I think he resented the imposition of a young SNCO and did not relish the impending changes to the status quo within the trade. Notwithstanding our personal relationship he did offer advice and I learned an awful lot from Bill both as an Officer and from his practical experience of many years served in the ranks.

Bill lived for the RAF. A committed professional. He achieved the rank of FS before being commissioned and retired as a Sqn Ldr. I can only say that he was a significant influence in my military career. I believe that todays services could do with more of his kind.

A great loss in my humble opinion.

Regards as always

Wilders85

Rossian
17th Sep 2006, 10:23
Wilders 85
I never met him but I'm sure that all of us would wish to have words such as yours written about us on our passing. That is as sincere a tribute as I've read in a long time, and I hope that his family can gain some consolation from it.
The Ancient Mariner

Tigs2
17th Sep 2006, 12:23
Wilders
A nice tribute

Rosian
That was so nicely expressed. My thoughts exactly, i guess i couldn't have expressed them as well.

RIP a chap that clearly devoted his life to the service. Thank you.