PDA

View Full Version : O'Learly v Cullen

SXB
16th Sep 2006, 23:18
http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/230-2172554.smil

This video shows a piece of investigative journalism by an Irish TV channel and a subsequent debate (if you can call it that) between the CEO of RyanAir and a union official regarding pilot fatigue. This was the first time I've ever seen Michael O'leary (or Mr Cullen) on TV.

There is a thread running on this subject in Rumours and News but I think it's important for passengers to be able see and to comment on some of the points raised by this TV channel as it does directly concern those of us who fly on a regular basis. Apologies to Tightslot if this is inappropriate but I thought it a good idea to post here rather than having SLF post in R&N, which is already happening on that particular thread.

Before castigating FR I think it's probably fair to point out that some of the 'experts' in the video are pointing the finger at more than one airline. Also, there is some serious finger pointing regarding the effectiveness of the IAA, especially when comparing them to the CAA, I think the words reactive and proactive were used when describing the organisations.

skydriller
17th Sep 2006, 07:58
SXB,

Ive seen the discussion in R&N, and would like to see the reported peice, but I cant get your link to work!!

Regards, SD..

slim_slag
17th Sep 2006, 09:13
Oh please, not again!

How can passengers possibly comment with authority on the base issues discussed on that inadequate programme? |It's just going to turn into another slagging by people who are proud to say they never fly on Ryanair, and by employees of competing airlines who need to look at their own airline before throwing the dirt

TightSlot
17th Sep 2006, 09:46
Extensive discussion of topic on R&N - please continue there