PDA

View Full Version : Blair demands action over Darfur

ORAC
16th Sep 2006, 09:13
Blair demands action over Darfur (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/5350706.stm)

Don't touch the place with a bargepole. Horrendous and tragic that it is, the size and location means any UN force would be as useless as the current AU force.

Reading the current status in the following report would also seem to indicate that any attempt to mediate would also be useless.... :suspect:

Darfur 's Sudan problem (http://www.opendemocracy.net/globalization-institutions_government/darfur_conflict_3909.jsp)

MrBernoulli
16th Sep 2006, 11:48
And the Labour party have been DEMANDING Blair takes the exit stage left ..... and he's ignored them. HE can demand all he wants .... tosser.

MR12
16th Sep 2006, 15:04
Pack your bags gents, here he goes again. As long as the good Rev's there he'll move heaven - well, hell - and earth to show that someone else can handle three wars at once, the definition of 'someone else' typically boiling down to 'trogs in snatch LRs polishing my holy halo for £2 ph, but do remember that I shouldn't be seen near the coffins when they come home in case the mouth-breathing, snotter-eating electorate flips over during a break in Big Brother and associates me with nasty dirty things.'

To think that on another thread I was stupid enough to say that the armed forces of this country weren't the Militant Wing of Oxfam....

On the plus side, I see that the heavy hitters are taking notice of this crisis, so when the Pums (what else is left ?) lift in a couple of squadrons of Spacers armed with .22s and maps of Dartmoor George Clooney'll be sitting on the sill doing his 'Three Kings' routine.

Also now recruiting for the Grauniad Readers' Travel Club...

Two's in
16th Sep 2006, 15:11
I think the first worldwide media exposure of the plight in the Sudan was aired in 1986. Just look how far we have come in that time. If only they had something that Tone or George really needed, but famine and genocide can be found anywhere in these more enlightened times.

Wrathmonk
16th Sep 2006, 15:59
Op DENY CHRITMAS 06 .....?:}

Pontius Navigator
16th Sep 2006, 17:23
New UNSecGen perhaps?

Then he can demand all he likes and no one will listen.

No stick, no vote:}

rotarynav2639
16th Sep 2006, 17:28
No Job no vote more like!!! Lets get Blair out before he commits all our forces to more tin pot wars!!! How many needless deaths are we going to have with this conflict????

Don't tell me they have WMD too?????

:=