PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting tired of Patriarch PartnersMD bragging??

13snoopy
16th Sep 2006, 03:26
I am all for MD Helicopters getting on it's feet again and I sincerely hope the new team there can do it. But I sure am getting tired of reading in every press release they produce (and here lately they issue a press release for almost anything) about MD's parent company, "PATRIARCH PARTNERS, A FIVE BILLION DOLLAR HOLDING COMPANY" ...
They seem intent on bragging about how much their holding company is worth instead of telling us nice things about MD! If their holding company is so rich and successful, then I don't understand how the Army turned them down!??:O :=
I complained about all the cheesecake shots of Lynn Chilton with the heavy lip gloss, but I think I had rather see her than read about "PATRIARCH PARTNERS, THE FIVE BILLION DOLLAR HOLDING COMPANY"...:ugh:

helopat
16th Sep 2006, 04:03
Lynn Chilton and her lip gloss are HOT!! Hows that?:} I'm not sure I care whether she or her 5billion little friends can get MD back on track...love the misty glamour shots.

Sorry, this has probably been inflamatory...I'm off to top myself in shame.:(

HP

13snoopy
16th Sep 2006, 20:32
Poor Lynn, she can't catch a break. She needs some better PR people who understand the helicopter industry (if there are such beings). Helicopter geeks want to know "What can IT do? How long 'til it breaks? When it breaks, will you send me parts? Can we fix it? How much will all this cost?", not "What can YOU do? How much money do you have?" Most of the questions the helicopter people like to ask... well, they're afraid of what they perceive as the answers... can't say I blame 'em. But Lynn's in a tough spot, and I think deep pockets (which she needs) is the one touchstone she's got, so she's going back to it... likely far too often.
Supposedly she has done a good bit infusing MDs broken supply chain with cash and some fool told her that telling people that would demonstrate commitment. Then somebody else told her to put all her chips on LUH (when no defined performance spec or scope was generated, as demonstrated by the sweeping array of different products that competed). Now, she's trying to figure out what to do next... meantime, she keeps her face in the trades and tries to woo designers, workers and investors back to MD, and maybe figures a little lip gloss won't hurt matters (Wall Street loves a good-lookin' broad with moxie... but she may have the wrong audience here... guys in steel toes and trainers scratching themselves...). The LUH contract would have been quite a coup for MD, but that might have been too pat an answer, and it's possible MD would have fallen on its face trying to deliver (I expect that was part of the Army's problem with MDs proposal... don't know how the machine measured up).
I've never flown a MD machine and someone from the industry would certainly know better than I do, but I'm not sure there's much they produce these days that isn't equalled or exceeded in other parts of the market. NOTAR's pretty special, but the patent protection on that concept is going to be gone before too long and aspects of it (strakes and shaped booms) are already in the marketplace.
So cut Lynn a break... she's trying to keep the ship from sinking... if she wants to look nice doing it... I say let her.
As I stated at the top, I don't care about her lip gloss (which WAS silly) as much as I get tired about hearing how much money her "Patriarch Partners" supposedly has.
Like going to McDonalds and getting bad burger then having the the manager tell me how rich the company is.:D :ugh: :rolleyes: :mad:

handysnaks
16th Sep 2006, 20:36
I think you need some therapy:rolleyes:

TukTuk BoomBoom
16th Sep 2006, 20:57
Yeah you dont see Bell or Eurocopter having to dress up in leather to get you to look at their products. MD have gone the way of the car shows figuring if you put some bimbo next to a product people will come over and check it out.
I was pretty surprised the UH-145 won but not surprised the MD entry didnt.
As for a 5 billion dollar company, theyre going to need it. How about spending some of that on a new design people actually want

KRB
16th Sep 2006, 22:00
That kind of blurb about a holding company is pretty common in North America. Its redundant but its seems to be a fact of life.

PANews
16th Sep 2006, 22:02
With the majority of industry turning their backs on the product while they wait for some other fool to test the waters on whether the rhetoric has substance ... the MD team have little they can do beyond putting on a pretty face. For now. Advertising is about projecting an image. A successful product [ie helicopter/sales] or whatever else appears to be a best aspect.

Perhaps [if the money and the will hold out] after their relatively few remaining loyal customers prove that the product can do what it says on the packet they will be able to change their tack.

For the moment they are selling the fact that the money is still there and that the lady has the guts to hold on in there. For the moment there is little else.

When will it end?

Well, MD have gone on record to state that the end game may be played in 2007 if not 2008.

So to project a positive image of their identity MDHI [not McDonnell Douglas as some seem to think they are!] reckon you need to get to like the lip gloss and leather.... for a year or so.

widgeon
16th Sep 2006, 23:08
"MDHI has reached another significant milestone in that it now able to provide both routine and higher priority parts on the same day the order is received in over 80 percent of the cases. The company has also been able to fill 90 percent of customer AOG orders in less than 72 hours. "

http://www.shephard.co.uk/rotorhub/Default.aspx?Action=745115149&ID=680085d9-8f84-48d8-bfab-0e6f5ae822a0

90pct in 3 days , hardly world class performance how do other OEM's compare . AGain though it depends what you measure , the easy way is by line , that way if you ship 95% of the order it counts , the harder way is by complete orders , ie only counts when you have shipped all the lines.

TukTuk BoomBoom
16th Sep 2006, 23:51
Exactly.
"Yeah we can supply all the AN hardware but the rotorhead will be 2 months."
Unfortunately Ive had the same conversations with every manufacturer ive had to deal with.
Eurocopter was the best, a two year lead time on Bi-Directional beams at a time when there was a 30 hr inspection for cracks. Oh and you cant buy from American Eurocopter (who had them on the shelves) because they are outside your region.

I cant understand MDHI. Why, when you have only 3 models of aircraft (520-600-900), you couldnt get the lead time under 72 hours for all of it.