PDA

View Full Version : MyTravel Airways

Slow Progress
15th Sep 2006, 19:33
ello to all,

Does anybody out there knowif MyTravel will be doing another 'sponsorship' sometime in the near future?

I know the last couple of courses have been done in association with BAE Systems at Jerez but my problem is I don't have 'A' Levels and I really cant go back to college for another 2 years as I have to keep paying the mortgage! Incidently has anyone been to Jerez without possesing 'A' Levels??

Comments appreciated

Rgds
Slow Progress

Callsign Kilo
16th Sep 2006, 10:59
Hey Slow Progress

I believe MYT take cadets from CTC when recruiting, OAT's website also indicate that they have taken pilots from themselves aswell (although not in any great number).

I do believe that MYT also run a line training scheme in conjunction with Alteon/Sigmar Aviation on the A320. However I'd be wary of this!!! (see other threads)

JetSetJ
17th Sep 2006, 09:36
Yeah, i agree with callsign kilo,

Be very wary of MYT's so called type rating scheme!!! It has to be one of the most expensive type schemes in history, coming in at some 2/3+ of the price of an integrated course!!!

I heard from the inside that they sign you up for a season and then give you the boot!!!

I really don't believe that MYT will run another sponsorship type scheme, they'll just continue to take pilots from TRO's as it's so much cheaper for the airlines and they know there are so many wanabees out there who are 'willing' to pay!!

Best of luck

JetSetJ:ok:

OBK!
17th Sep 2006, 12:13
JetSet

The expensive type rating scheme wasn't thought up by MyTravel, but alteron/sigmar. They use MyTravel as the airline to do line training with because of the quality of training they give.

Re Sponsorship, sit tight.

Slow Progress
17th Sep 2006, 16:09
Re Sponsorship, sit tight.

Sounds promising. Tell me more!!!

Rgds
Slow Progress