PDA

View Full Version : Flt.Lt. Richard Thomas

Will Hung
15th Sep 2006, 08:06
I was looking at my old RAF Officer recruitment brochure from July 1974 last night, and Just wondered what the Pilot in it went on to do. I didn't know him, it's just out of interest really. Cheers.

O2thief
15th Sep 2006, 08:24
If it is the one I am thinking of he was a long time Harrier GR3 mate and also flew with and later led the Red Arrows. He ended up as a Gp Capt. Now retired.

H Peacock
15th Sep 2006, 11:48
Gp Capt Richard Thomas was one of my many 'Staishes' at Linton. One of the nicest blokes I've ever met - can't believe he was a senior officer and an ex-Harrier pilot. I believe he also managed to serve 7 years on the Reds.

I'm told he went to the airllines, but would love to know exactly where he is.:)

Mixed Bitter
15th Sep 2006, 14:56
There was a Flt Lt Richard Thomas at Kinloss in the early 70s. Fantastic guy and fantastic pilot. IIRC he was on the wing crew and 201 Sqn but eventually left to go to the airlines. Last I heard (many years ago) he was a training pilot with one of the UK airlines (name escapes me).

Raincheck
15th Sep 2006, 19:11
Is this the same Richard Thomas that was Air Commander in Belize late 80's or early 90's ? If so, I have to agree that he was a perfect gentleman and a superb man to work for. Ahh, how I miss that Caribbean sunshine.

Tigs2
15th Sep 2006, 19:41
Raincheck
If it is, i was there at the same time and what a great chap he was. Salt of the earth. Oh to be back there again in those days.

BOAC
15th Sep 2006, 19:43
Mixed - yours was a DanAir and then BA(EOG) TRE and now is (or was) with PrivatAir and still involved in training.

Raincheck - yours was indeed as you say, and is, I believe, with the airlines. Cannot help you more on that.