PDA

View Full Version : Tranche 3 Redundancies

SRENNAPS
14th Sep 2006, 19:54
With only 3 weeks to go (Oct 4th) before the results of Tranche 3 redundancies are announced, anybody heard any rumours or seen any leaks.
This is a rumour forum after all.

Safety_Helmut
14th Sep 2006, 20:05
No tranche 3 redundancies for Fairy SNCOs !

PVR waiting time for Fairies raised to 12 months. PMA cock up or mass exodus through PVR ?

S_H

SRENNAPS
14th Sep 2006, 20:27
PVR waiting time for Fairies raised to 12 months. PMA cock up or mass exodus through PVR ?
S_H
Fairies have been telling us that they are the most important trade (and always undermanned) since the introduction of the Tornado back in 1980. So now you reap the rewards. :) :D :D

donardboy
19th Sep 2006, 05:41
I have heard that the release date is now the 6 Oct. I also heard yesterday that the boards have all been ratified and the lists of successful applicants is finalised and rests in a VSO desk drawer. IF this is the case can anyone explain why those who applied have to wait until the 6 Oct before being told. Perhaps some of our Innsworth colleagues mya be able to shed some light on this RUMOUR.

donardboy
19th Sep 2006, 09:37
I have heard that the release date is now the 6 Oct. I also heard yesterday that the boards have all been ratified and the lists of successful applicants is finalised and rests in a VSO desk drawer. IF this is the case can anyone explain why those who applied have to wait until the 6 Oct before being told. Perhaps some of our Innsworth colleagues mya be able to shed some light on this RUMOUR.

Further to my last, it has been confirmed that the announcement date is now the 12 Oct !!!!! If they know who is going why wait ?????????:confused:

reddeathdrinker
19th Sep 2006, 16:49
S_H

Herre at ISK, it's definately PVR. 11 out of 15 Faries on one shift have PVR'd....

cvg2iln
19th Sep 2006, 21:07
Wot's a Fairy then? And don't be giving me a bagful of you-know-what about pixies, goblins, gnomes and mushrooms.

Always_broken_in_wilts
19th Sep 2006, 21:22
Fairies, or Avionic technicians are without doubt the most sophistcated and intellectually competant of the A/C trade groups. They approach all problems with a razor like mind set, analysing in depth before making well thought out rectification decisions...........unlike riggers and sumpies who just batter f@ck out of things with ever increasing hammer sizes:ugh:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Safety_Helmut
19th Sep 2006, 21:59
SRENNAPS, may the RAF long continue to see value in your employment.

ABIW, that is the best description I have ever seen of the the RAF aircraft trades, only one slight crticism, nothing in there about Leckies and dogs ?

S_H

cvg2iln
19th Sep 2006, 23:33
Oh dear. A note of discord as to the relative merits of the various trades. Who would have thought it?

Mactlsm1
20th Sep 2006, 05:05
Quote: "only one slight crticism, nothing in there about Leckies and dogs ?"

Banter Mode: ON -

Us (ex) fairies don't want to have anything to do the the "Dog" trade, that's why there's no mention of them. It was with great reluctance that the real TG2 people "accepted" the wire benders into TG2 (After all the TG1 guys, and the plumbers didn't want them!)

Banter Mode: OFF

Mac
(ex 208 Sqn, and I've had it first hand about the dog sqn - from a now WO who was on the offending sqn at the time, or at leat he claimed to be.)

PerArdua
20th Sep 2006, 10:26
Rumour of 18 months for Avionics (Fairies)PVR on the way! ours are jumping the sinking ship with a rat like prowess and getting high paid jobs without the hassles. Does anyone know if there is going to be a Tranche 4?

PA

South Bound
20th Sep 2006, 10:37
Nothing planned formally for another Tranche, although there are likely to be small numbers of future redundancies focussed on specific areas. Worst bit about that is the rumours about future packages: compulsory, 3 mths pay only, no early pension if being forced to leave before a pension point.

Clearly rumours, but that is what is being talked about. They really know how to make people feel safe and secure in their jobs!

teeteringhead
20th Sep 2006, 10:39
unlike riggers and sumpies who just batter f@ck out of things with ever increasing hammer sizes ... now now ABIW ... surely you mean percussive maintenance using a reciprocating tolerance adjuster! :ok:

L1A2 discharged
20th Sep 2006, 14:38
Rumour has it that the numbers being released in this tranche will not be as many as previously advertised. Mainly due to a lack of numbers to fill OOA etc posts.

Also the future size may be nearer 43,000,

ho hum, and I didn't apply when I could. :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Biggus
20th Sep 2006, 18:37
I heard a rumour today that the release date is now 12th Oct! Something to do with JPA - DON'T ASK!!

As for the future size of the RAF, given the number of people I have met recently who have/are about to PVR, leaving at the first available option, as soon as they qualify for a pension, etc....., I suspect that the RAF will dip below the 41,000 they are now talking about - and we will end up undermanned!!

carabus901
20th Sep 2006, 20:26
I have also heard that the release will be the 12 Oct, don't know about the 2 days slip due to JPA, it's a bit small!!

There is also a rumour going about that the RAF will be 900 TG 1 and 2 short after the tranche coupled to PVR rates, great!!!

4fitter
20th Sep 2006, 21:15
Speak to your desk officer or drafter. I applied for Tranche 3 and was told unofficially by my desky that the board loved me so much, they were keeping me.:(

Always_broken_in_wilts
20th Sep 2006, 23:16
Hold your head up high 4fitter cos in my 32 years experiance they always keep the good guys and let the w@nkers go.........................or is it keep the w@nkers and let the good guys go.................. can never remember which way round that is and old age is not helping me here:E

TheInquisitor
20th Sep 2006, 23:43
or is it keep the w@nkers and let the good guys go
Well, you're still here ABIW...question answered!

Always_broken_in_wilts
20th Sep 2006, 23:52
PA Spine and a huge pension dear chap...........it's a no brainer:p

4fitter
21st Sep 2006, 07:50
ABIW

I could not possibly comment :ok:

Rather be Gardening
21st Sep 2006, 10:15
From the Stn news-site:

'Date of Notification of Tranche 3 Redundancy Boards will be 12 Oct 06. PMA8 (R) will be aiming to get the letters to Stations as soon as possible in advance of this date. Letters notifying applicants of non selection will be despatched direct to individuals concerned, to arrive on or shortly after 12 Oct 06.'

Doesn't give people much time to sort out their resettlement etc with an Apr 07 exit date for volunteers. And if the subsequent PVR spike materialises, the poor Resettlement Advisors are going to be flat out coping with it all. Speaking from experience, RRAs are top people - very helpful and professional.

Chox Away
21st Sep 2006, 12:59
If you're lucky enough to get redundancy, it appears that you may have to wait a short while (at least a week) before you can apply for your leave/resettlement.

If indeed the notification comes out on the 12th Oct (or shortly after), take note that RAF have been informed they cannot use JPA for a period of ten days commencing COP the very next day in order to allow our Navy friends to come on-line. (Having seen how smooth JPA runs, how likely is it that these ten days will not be extended?)

It sounds as if Friday 13th could be a busy day for some!. :eek: