PDA

View Full Version : Physics Revision - Books!

cfwake
14th Sep 2006, 10:28
Hi

I did the OAT skills assessment about a month ago and passed everything but the tech (physics) test. I now need to swat up before heading back to redo it. Can anyone recommend a good physics for pilots book? I have the Letts revision guide for AS and A2 and the stuff in it isn't what I need to revise! Ask me anything about electromagnetism, flux and anything to do with atoms and i can bore you till next week, but I need a book which'll teach me about the more aviation focussed side of physics - pressure, principles of flight and engines.

Can anyone tell me if the trevor thom books are any good? I don't need anything too advanced and i reckon PPL level is more than sufficient! Any recommendations greatly accepted! Thanks!

Wakey

False Capture
14th Sep 2006, 21:43
The Trevor Thom books are good, however, I still think the best book is:

A.C. Kermode's ...... Mechanics of Flight.

The first 30 pages deal with the basic mechanics/physics of aircraft flight. After that, it's a great reference when it comes to the principles of flight.:ok:

matt_hooks
14th Sep 2006, 22:35
Or you could try this website

http://www.av8n.com/

Really excellent explanations of all flight related physics and stuff, should help no end! :D

Good luck with the retakes!

cfwake
19th Sep 2006, 16:43
thanks guys!!!

planecrazy.eu
19th Sep 2006, 21:43
In transair they sell a series called Key Notes For Pilots, they do a Physics and Maths one. However, when i sat the Cabair test, all the questions could be found in the GCSE sylabus. OAT must set tougher questions...