View Full Version : Sky Sports Animations

G-ALAN
14th Sep 2006, 00:05
I have just returned from my local pub, after watching my beloved team take a 3-2 beating from MU. Anyway, like most matches it was shown on sky sports and I have noticed of late that at the bottom right hand corner of the TV, on all sky sports channels, there is a little drawing that looks like a pint of lager. My question is this:- what the feck is that for? what does it represent? Why do they put it there?

This has been annoying me for about 2 years now and nobody seems to know the answer. I know I should just write to Sky and ask but I'm a lazy bastard and have never got round to it :rolleyes:

Mr Lexx
14th Sep 2006, 08:35
The little beer glass is added to Sky sports programs to show the Sky inspectors (they go around the pubs on match days checking) that the pub has paid a "pub" subscription for the sports package. If there is no pint glass, it means they are showing the match through a domestic sky subscription (£40 a month), if the glass is there, it shows that they have a pub subscription (£400 a month).

BALIX
14th Sep 2006, 09:04
Gosh, you learn something new every day. I thought it was subliminal Guinness advert.

:confused:

Pan Pan Splash
14th Sep 2006, 10:15
400 a month for the priviledge of watching the likes of "sellick"??? Having a laugh..:ugh:

Mr Lexx
14th Sep 2006, 10:17
My local pub took 250 more than normal the last time England played on Sky, 2 matches with a good turn out a month and it more than pays for itself. And you can let it lapse in the summer if you want to.

G-ALAN
14th Sep 2006, 19:06
Ah I see, thankyou. The riddle of the TV pint glass has been solved :}

400 a month is quite good. I recon the pub probably makes at least half that amount in pure profit every match day.