PDA

View Full Version : Monarch to Tenerife

Harry_45
13th Sep 2006, 12:15
Hi,
Just a simple question that somebody here may or may not be able to answer for me. Am thinking of travelling with Monarch to Tenerife from Luton in February 07. Flight time 07.00am Sunday returning same flight one week later.
Apart from this 07:00 am Sunday service, Monarch also operate a daily service departing at 14:30pm.
Is anybody able to tell me what type of aircraft are planned to operate on these flights? Can't find this information anywhere on the web.
Thanks in advance.
Harry.

SISOSIG
13th Sep 2006, 19:01
It may be A320 or A321 or B757.
Hope that helps.

Harry_45
13th Sep 2006, 19:33
Yes, thanks for that, that's pretty much the whole Monarch fleet (apart from the ropey 767), was rather hoping for a more specific answer. IE: the Sunday flight is operates for instance the 757 and the 14:30 daily the 320?
Still hoping someone can answer this.
Thanks Anyway.

SISOSIG
14th Sep 2006, 08:32
Actually Monarch also operate 330, 300 as well as 767 as you say. No-one can tell you exactly which aircraft type you will get on as on the day, the aircraft may go unserviceable or be hugely delayed. The chances are that it will be on A320, however, that has only got 174 seats. So if Monarch have a run on seat sales for that particular day, either going out or coming back, they may decide not to sell any more tickets or put on an aircraft with more seats ie 321 or 757. I hope that sheds more light?

Evanelpus
14th Sep 2006, 14:13
Tech delays, doncha just love them. Turned up last Sunday at AGP for my flight home, only to be told that because of technical difficulties with the Monarch aircraft in Luton, the service was going to be operated by an Air Italy 757.

Spot on flight (flight attendants looked liked extras from Thunderbirds, very smart), we even got free soft drinks and a free meal.

Big up to Monarch but it just goes to show you can't always plan what aircraft you are flying on.

Harry_45
14th Sep 2006, 16:33
Thanks for your replies, It's just that BA from LGW are operating a flight at a similar time and at a similar price, of course I realise that any schedule can change at the last minute but BA advertise the flight being operated by a 321. I've flown all of the Monarch fleet and feel that the 757 seems to offer less personal space than any other aircraft I've ever flown, maybe though this is just my imagination? I was hoping to avoid the 757.
I'll fly BA this time and be (almost) certain of an Airbus.

Thanks Guys.
H.

Evanelpus
15th Sep 2006, 16:04
That's weird because having just read what you said about legroom, it suddenly came to me that the Air Italy 757 seemed to have more legroom than a Monarch 757. I flew in row 7 if that makes any difference.

Harry_45
15th Sep 2006, 19:32
As I said, not sure if it's my imagination.
Anyway, just to finish up here, I was the kindly sent the information that I requested in the form of a personal message from another member. Thanks for your replies also.
I booked my flights today, with Monarch!
Harry.