PDA

View Full Version : 51 Sqn Coast to Coast

madgoose
12th Sep 2006, 09:22
At 9:15 this morning, 11 members of 51 Sqn started the long cycle, coast to coast, from Whitehaven to Sunderland. The plan is to undertake the 135 mile journey in only 2 days.

The event is of course in the name of charity. We are hoping to raise £5000 to be split between Prostate Cancer and Lincolnshire First Response - both of which have had personal interest to Sqn members in the last 12 months.

If you would be willing to make a donation, you can either visit www.justgiving.com/51sqnc2c (http://www.justgiving.com/51sqnc2c) or contact the Sqn directly. Words of encouragement also gratefully received.

Madgoose

Avtur
12th Sep 2006, 11:07
Good luck to you all on Crozzer's promotion push.

ORAC
12th Sep 2006, 11:18
the long cycle, coast to coast.......the 135 mile journey Oh boy. I hope SASless or one of the other Spams doesn“t read that... :p

FFP
12th Sep 2006, 12:16
. The plan is to undertake the 135 mile journey in only 2 days.

Why not 1 day ? Or are they cycling back as well ?:ok:

Seriously, good cause and good luck to them.

Yellow Sun
12th Sep 2006, 12:50
I hope that you are using "The Squadron Bicycle" that we had at Wyton and maybe one or two repatriated from Akrotiri as well.

Seriously though, Good Luck, good causes.

YS

BEagle
12th Sep 2006, 14:42
"I hope that you are using "The Squadron Bicycle" that we had at Wyton......."

She must surely be a bit long in the tooth these days?

jumpseater
12th Sep 2006, 15:32
Probably hasn't got any teeth these days!:ooh:

coat hat etc,

Jackonicko
12th Sep 2006, 15:48
You're talking about 51, surely any woman with a recently issued bus pass would class as a youngster.....

Presumably their progress can be followed by satellite by watching the convoy of pie vans following them......

:ouch:

Phoney Tony
12th Sep 2006, 18:18
Good luck chaps.

C130 Techie
12th Sep 2006, 18:46
Rode the route with a team 3 years ago in 2 1/2 days. It is certainly a challenge but an enjoyable one.

Good luck - Hope you raise loads for a very good cause:ok:

EmeraldToilet
12th Sep 2006, 18:59
It may be a pure coincidence but they removed all the old bikes from outside the TB not so long ago........some of them argued more than others of course.

Good luck to one and all..

Mighty Norman
12th Sep 2006, 19:57
"I hope that you are using "The Squadron Bicycle" that we had at Wyton......."

She must surely be a bit long in the tooth these days?

..be well lubed though.....sorry - get me coat!!:=

FJJP
12th Sep 2006, 22:27
I remember flying a Sqn cycle team from Wyton to Kinloss in the mid 90s for them to do a long distance ride [can't remember the details tho'].

pohm1
12th Sep 2006, 22:57
I'm sure once they get a look at Sunderland their tired legs will pedal them all the way back to Whitehaven:ok:

Good luck, don't forget to chain your bikes up in Mackem land.

Fatjoff
13th Sep 2006, 10:57
I'm sure once they get a look at Sunderland their tired legs will pedal them all the way back to Whitehaven:ok:

Good luck, don't forget to chain your bikes up in Mackem land.
As a mackem, I find that insulting. Ok, you (hopefully) said it tongue in cheek. Did you have your bike nicked from there? In reality, I think you have to chain your bike up anywhere in the Uk these days. Have you ever been there?

Champagne Anyone?
13th Sep 2006, 12:32
Fat....

Take a chill pill! Its called Banter!

Good luck guys and girls? Donation on its way to Waddo... :ok: :ok:

Fatjoff
13th Sep 2006, 14:52
Fat....

Take a chill pill! Its called Banter!

Good luck guys and girls? Donation on its way to Waddo... :ok: :ok:
Yeah, sorry.

Good luck 51

madgoose
13th Sep 2006, 16:19
The boys finished at about 1430 this afternoon after about 18 hrs in the saddle. At the moment, we believe that they have raised in the region of £3200 for the charities. Thanks for the donations and words of encouragement.

Madgoose

buoy15
13th Sep 2006, 16:52
51 Sqn? - Shush!
Are we allowed to discuss this?
Trust they will be wearing slippers and cardigans for the event!
Will they finish smelling of piss and biscuits rather than human body odour?
Know of a 29 yr old pilot who joined 51 and brought the average age down to 54
Best of luck 51 - I'm sure most of you have passed through Key West and seen the logo or bought the tee shirt with the palm tree emblem - "Biked it, Liked it!"
Donation on the way
B15