PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Hangar

Skipness One Echo
4th Sep 2006, 09:06
Do Virgin have their own maintenance hangar at Gatwick as I heard G-VLIP being towed to "Hangar 7" I believe and later on there was no sign of it on the field. I also note that A340 G-VAEL arrived for maintenance from Heathrow on the 31st August, presumably for an end of lease check.

So my question is, which one is Hangar 7 and is it Virgin's or if not, to whom does it belong?

Buster the Bear
4th Sep 2006, 10:03
This might help, but you will need to register first? It is free though.

http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/pdf/aerodromes/32KK0201.PDF

bycrewlgw
4th Sep 2006, 10:04
I remember reading a while ago that VS were opening a hanger in LGW. I think they have taken the gold colour building close to the fire station (behind it) and oposite remote stand 180. May be wrong but there was a virgin a/c parked there on the weekend so put 2 +2 together and hopefully am getting 4!

Off Stand
4th Sep 2006, 12:43
The hanger behind the fire station used to belong to FLS, not sure if it still still does since the Swisstech buyout/merger. I'd have thought that VS would have their name on it if it was their's?

There was a VS 747 outside of it last week, I think it was Tuesday, but can't remember.

SilentHandover
4th Sep 2006, 15:26
Hangar 7 is being used by Virgin and it is the old FLS hangar at the northern end of taxiway T. So it is opposite stands 176-180.