PDA

View Full Version : United Airlines Frequent Flyer Card

nivsy
11th Sep 2006, 12:35
Am I the only one who seems to experience that United are not particularly good at crediting miles for their frequent flyer members?

I have had various sectors both with United and Spanair where maybe only one or two sectors have been credited - especially if the flights involve change of aircraft and onward connections via Chicago or Madrid.

They also have not credited Car Hire rentals and hotels that participate in the programme. QQuite frankly dont have the time or inclination to keep on having to apply for retro-credits.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Nivsy

slim_slag
11th Sep 2006, 13:37
Never fails to credit when flying on United metal and your number is on booking.

Variable when on other Star Alliance airlines, even with UA number in booking. Sometimes partner airlines don't give miles on cheapest fares anyway, but you do need to watch them.

FairlieFlyer
13th Sep 2006, 07:10
Cathay were particulary bad until I was told your booking name must exactly match the name on the issued boarding pass - otherwise it gets rejected by their very intellgent computer

As it turned out my middle name was on one but not the other.
After they changed it, no probs

As far as Hotels go, Hilton I find are crap at crediting points but the benefits are worth it to chase them