PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation

Speed bird 002
10th Sep 2006, 23:03
I would appreciate it if this thread became a sticky. Let me explain the purpose of it. For the past 2-3 months, i wanted to bring this to all PPRUNEr's notice, so i guess the time is now.

The purpose of this thread is to allow all Airline Pilots and Flight Instructors the chance to show a bit of help to all wannabees. Let me explain how:

When an Airline or Instructor position is advertised within YOUR company, you may bring this to the attention to all PPRUNEr's by replying to this thread of the position. Also if possible, give them a chance to send you their CV so that you can place it on top of the CV pile.

This will make it an easier process of obtaining correct contact details or an opportunity for one to preview a wannabess CV. Think about it, you were once like them, A WANNABEE, show them a bit of help. :E

Thats all i have to say. :D

Hayder :ok:

Earthmover
10th Sep 2006, 23:30
Call me old-fashioned, but how am I then helping all the other wannabees who - by your definition - applied first, and are now going to be residing under the PPRuNers in the CV pile?? Hmmm.

I spend a great deal of time interviewing - and, believe me, honestly trying to help "wannabees" as much as I possibly can, and yes, I was one too - but being a PPRuNer is, regrettably, not a sufficient qualification to be shoved on the top of the pile in my Company. Not even a personal friend of the boss can do that.

And, if truth be told, there is no real 'top of the pile' - interviews are allocated on merit after careful scrutiny in most Companies - any attempt to by-pass the system is usually met with deep resentment by those who have had to wait their turn.

Speed bird 002
11th Sep 2006, 00:26
well atleast information in regards to the current employment opportunities can be given. A contact given by one can be very helpful. Its better than sending CV's to every Tom-Dick.

scroggs
11th Sep 2006, 08:05
This will not become a sticky. It will not even survive if anyone actually posts any job advertisements. Why? Because Pprune exists only because our advertisers pay our bills. You lot pay nothing. If an advertiser is getting stung for quite a lot of dosh for placing a banner on here advertising his airline's jobs, how's he going to feel when his competitor gets free recruitment advertising thanks to someone trying to be helpful?

No advertising is allowed on the open forums. None. This is not negotiable, and this policy will not change.

Scroggs