PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Charter

Slow Progress
10th Sep 2006, 20:09
Hi Guys,

I'm getting married in AUG 2007 and we would like to charter a helicopter for an hour or so to whisk the Bride off for a birds eye view of the venue.

The location is Crewe Hall in Cheshire and I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good charter company. Also could you maybe give an indication of what the cost might be as obviously this will have a big influence on our decision.

All replies appreciated. Thanks in advance

Slow Progress

VeeAny
10th Sep 2006, 21:03
Congratulations on your impending wedding.

Crewe hall COULD be expensive as you MAY need a twin for commerical ops, i don't know anyone up that end of the country so don't know who to recommend,

They have two landing sites the biggest of which is a football pitch surrounded by trees, walls and lamp posts.

The smaller one is the lawn at the rear of the building and the least impeded approach has at least one, maybe two (from memory) power cables across it.

Not trying to be negative just providing info for whoever you find to do the job.

V.

OldRookie
10th Sep 2006, 21:50
Check your PM's

540DEGREE TorqueTurn
11th Sep 2006, 00:37
2guys are in a pub,1 says ;I have had 2 bad experiences with women ,as he skulls the last of his amber life enhancing liquid
2nd bloke says ; yeah what ?
1st bloke replied; My first wife turned out to be a b:mad: ch and she divorced me ,and my second one WON'T

enjoy the ride though:hmm:

Gordy
11th Sep 2006, 00:44
Kinda like this, (may take a while to download depending upon your conection):
Helicopter Wedding arrival (http://www.weddingvideoflorida.com/transport.html)

John Eacott
11th Sep 2006, 07:02
Don't pick her up in a frock.............that's obvious!

Not necessarily: we have flown wedding transfers in Melbourne for 15+ years, and nearly always have flown the bride in her gown. Basic rules apply, always load/unload with the rotors stopped, and it shouldn't be an issue.

We inevitably plan on shutting down for 15 minutes on arrival at the venue, since everyone wants a photo alongside the helicopter :) Plenty of security to ensure that the guests are well clear, and a bottle of Bollie plus flutes are a welcome addition for the passengers :ok:

Flying Lawyer
11th Sep 2006, 09:26
I was suprised by Blind's advice too. :confused:

I flew as a helper/ground crew on a charter with Helicopter Services (Wycombe) last week, collecting the bride and her father from RAF Stafford and taking them to the wedding at a country house hotel.
The bride was resplendent in her wedding gown - no problem at all.

We loaded/unloaded with rotors stopped, as John does.

The Hustler
11th Sep 2006, 09:49
Also consider having something like a nice rolled carpet handy to roll out to the side of the helicopter. Even if the weather is great, it may have rained before hand. If the ground is wet, you don't want the gown and shoes getting muddy. I remember footage of the Beckam's party where a lot of the guests arriving by helicopter appeaed to have to traipse across a muddy field (very wet).

ariel
11th Sep 2006, 10:17
Try Whizzard Helicopters, based at Welshpool Airport

Ask for Jerry or Pat

01938 555860