PDA

View Full Version : newguy

philkqy
10th Sep 2006, 14:19
currently flyin' in the gulf of mexico (been 6 years now) and i am lookin' for anything else. I'd like to work in west africa or the far east. i have a dual citizenship (french-US) any tips to find companies hiring in these parts of the world would be welcome

mrwellington
10th Sep 2006, 14:22
Small company called CHC might be worth a try....www.chc.ca

philkqy
10th Sep 2006, 14:40
I am not a IFR captain, although i have a 1000 hours of 412 (PIC VFR, yeah only in the GOM!!!) and do not have my ATP yet, so u guess CHC is out of the question

mrwellington
10th Sep 2006, 15:24
Time to hit the books then.....:}

B Sousa
10th Sep 2006, 15:46
Dont get in any hurry. Stick out the job where you can use the 412 to YOUR benefit. Get back in the books and get that ATP. Maybe the company will help you out a bit. If not, nothing lost. Either way you can write it off on the taxes.
Once you get the ATP, then go looking for the next step if your present company wont advance you a bit.
Personal opinion is that today, twin time is good and as long as you can study with the ability to eat your OK..
Africa would be a big cut in pay and major Health concerns, both from Health issues and Physical harm.
Asia may be a bit better, but sometimes theres no place like home. Numerous jobs on Helicopter Pilot resumes does not seem to slow down the hiring.......