PDA

View Full Version : email query AOL issue

jumpseater
10th Sep 2006, 13:38
Got an odd one here, this is an email from a mate sent to my Hotmail.com account. This has been due to a number of emails being bounced by his AOL software.

'AOL are very good at raking-out e-mails they suspect of carrying
viruses or spyware, perhaps they detected something, that's what you pay the money
for, rather than a cheapo "Mickey Mouse" provider. You may have been dragging
some spyware without knowing, time you did a full scan mate. This happened
once before a few months back, and the sender subsequently found he had
something nasty lurking. Thanks to AOL i never suffer from spam.'

I'm not sure he may be right, the reason being is that my account is the only one that gets bounced by his pc, I don't know anyone now that uses AOL, we did, but no longer do due to service issues. So I send to many different accounts, from the Hmail a/c and do not get bounced or info from friends that their warning systems have identified an issue with my emails. I also send from different pc's ranging from home/int cafes/work, and the same thing happens, i.e. no notification of problems. I rarely send attachments or forward stuff. If I do they are usually my own images or simple word type text files, or web links to one or two web pages, none of whom I'm aware of having a problem. Normally photobucket or fotopic.net I bin all junk mail for 'extensions' etc, and none of my friends sends me the round robin type 'funnies' that get sent around the net.

I use Norton protection so to speak, and our providor is wannadoo/orange, dialup. Am I missing something, or is it something at his pc that may be the issue?
ta,
js
ps keep it simple coz i'm a bit :uhoh: on computers!

jumpseater
10th Sep 2006, 22:03
Mike Pm sent as requested,
ta js