PDA

View Full Version : Lapsed Frozen ATPL/IR - what now?

VectorVictor
10th Sep 2006, 08:47
Hi,

Approx 5 years ago I completed a cabair CAA CPL/IR course (frozen ATPL) with Perf A, 250hrs. I havent done any flying since due to location, finances. (Borrowed 50k from the bank and was forced to return to software development in order to meet the repayments)

I was wondering if anyone knew what (approximately) would be required to renew it and whether the 5 years spent in civvy street trying to pay back the 50K to the bank would count against me in airline interviews.

Regards

Victor

class a
10th Sep 2006, 10:00
Hope this helps you will need to do the following but check with CAA of course

1st - You will need to renew your IR this must be done within 5 years of expirey of your last sign off on your licence (note 5 years from expirey not start) if over 5 years you will have to fly with CAAFU again, upto the 5 years just a IR check flight with a Designated examiner

2nd - You also might want to renew your multi rating as it will have been a while since you last flew one again if under 5 years since last Cert of Experience exired just a flight with a designated examiner and of course enough training to get you upto speed if over 5 years it is the same but you will need to do a short written test (not to difficult) done at the school not the CAA

3 - If you want single engine again a bit of training to get upto speed and a flight test to check you can still fly etc no written test

If you are aprroaching the 5 years time is of the essence so dont leave it till the last minute i was in a similar situation and have just renewed my licence any more info drop me a message i wont say on here the place i done mine but the were excellent and very helpful got it all done in 2 days drop me a message if you are intrested

by the way the multi and IR test can be done on the same flight so that saves a bit of money

sawotanao
10th Sep 2006, 19:29
vv, hope you go for it, wouldn't worry about being on civvy for 5yrs, know a few guys who have been in same situation, and went on to work for the airlines, good luck.:ok:

dartagnan
11th Sep 2006, 11:47
mine is expired since 2 years for the IR, and 1 year for the single.
but I guess Airlines can renew it before sending you to their simulator.