PDA

View Full Version : Project Propellor

HGFC1
9th Sep 2006, 21:05
A couple of months ago I posted in here saying that I had been privileged to have been able to assist at the Project Propellor Day at Halfpenny Green (EGBO or Wolverhampton if you wish :hmm: ) Since then I have been trying to contact Project Propellor without success. I have used the contact given on their website but the site itself seems woefully out of date. I am hoping to have my PPL before next year's event and would like to volunteer with transporting at least one of these wonderful ex-aircrew, as would at least one friend. I would be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction?

A2QFI
9th Sep 2006, 22:03
Does this link help? You have mentioned propellor and the site is propeller. This may have confused your search!

http://www.projectpropeller.co.uk/

Champagne Anyone?
10th Sep 2006, 09:34
A2...

This site is over a year out of date... Does anyone know if this event has been shelved??

HGFC1
10th Sep 2006, 14:09
Thank you both. That's the site I had been using to try to contact the organisers. I do hope the project hasn't been abandoned. We had a large gathering of about 130 light aircraft, mostly four seaters but one or two with two and some with more, one seat being occupied by the pilot and the rest by the ex WW2 RAF Aircrew and it would be such a shame if these delightful gentlemen were to be deprived of their annual Fly-In which they obviously thoroughly enjoyed. I have a couple of photos of the day which I would be happy for the organisers to use and I'm sure there will be others too. This was the scene at departure time - all very polite and helpful to each other, no barging in, just a nice orderly progression and departure :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/DX_Wombat/P1011571.jpg

BlueRobin
10th Sep 2006, 14:16
Project Propeller
3 Arundel Court
Rushden
Northamptonshire
NN10 9JB
England

tel: +44 (0)1933 391171
mob: +44 (0)7932 175119

email: [email protected]

HGFC1
10th Sep 2006, 14:42
That's the email address I used :sad: I'll try good, old-fashioned snail mail and see what happens.

HGFC1
11th Sep 2006, 15:55
I managed to contact Project Propellor by telephone today. The site IS in need of updating but anyone wishing to volunteer their services as a pilot can still reister using the link on the site as that is still active and the names will be forwarded. :ok:
All I have to to now is finish my PPL. :hmm:

Lima Juliet
13th Sep 2006, 10:01
Dennis Ray is on the above telephone number. He is a very busy man - as you can imagine! I have flown into 3 of his yearly events, which I believe are very worthwhile and I love talking to the old boys about their antics.

Out of interest I submitted paperwork for him to get an MBE for his work over the past few years (better than some idiot at PJHQ getting one for doing their job!). I didn't succeed...:(