PDA

View Full Version : Brass Models - Where can I get one?

Brad Esau
8th Sep 2006, 20:24
Have seen some good quality brass model ac over the years and want to get an F4 to remind me of the good old days. Last model I bought was a JP from a place near Waddo about 12 years ago...cant recall the details and Google isnt helping either. Anybody know of a good source?

QFIhawkman
8th Sep 2006, 22:18
Try 'Collectors Aircraft Models'

They're based in the Sheraton Skyline hotel near Heathrow Airport.
Give them a ring, as not all the things they do are on the website.

They custom made a mahogany GR1 for me last year, I specified year, Squadron, tail number etc. They built it, and hand painted it and it's stunning, and accurate. (Over a foot long and plinth mounted too, sits nicely on the coffee table, to the consternation of the Mrs!)

They're not cheap (mine was £250 and took 10 weeks) but then quality never has come cheap.

Not sure about brass models, but give them a go.

I hope that helps.

Direct Ad link removed IAW 'Policy'.

MNBluestater
9th Sep 2006, 09:12
Have seen some good quality brass model ac over the years and want to get an F4 to remind me of the good old days. Last model I bought was a JP from a place near Waddo about 12 years ago...cant recall the details and Google isnt helping either. Anybody know of a good source?

At first I thought you wrote "brass balls where can I get one". Hmm, need to get the vision checked...:eek:

om15
9th Sep 2006, 11:23
There used to be a place in Sidmouth, Devon that sold a wide range of brass a/c, military and civil, I think that the name of the shop was Colliiers possibly, might still be there,
regards,
om15

QFIhawkman
9th Sep 2006, 16:31
Moderators, my apologies for posting a direct link. Wasn't aware I wasn't allowed to, but thanks for correcting it, I'll bear it in mind next time.

Thank you Sir - I guess we need to get some 'rools' published.:ok:

hobie
9th Sep 2006, 17:34
Moderators, my apologies for posting a direct link. Wasn't aware I wasn't allowed to, but thanks for correcting it, I'll bear it in mind next time.

and I've deleted my post for good orders sake too ....

Brad Esau
10th Sep 2006, 08:57
Thanks to QFI Hawkman & OM 15 - I'll give them a try. MNDBluetater...Doh?! But thanks for trying :ugh:
Will post a result if I am successful.

BE