PDA

View Full Version : Retired Pilots in Spain. RAF/CIVIL.

luffers79
8th Sep 2006, 15:57
I live near Fuengirola. Any 1950īs onwards pilots around here ?? Any of you know of any ??

Mike Read
10th Sep 2006, 08:43
There is an active branch of The Aircrew Association near Calpe so they may have suitable contacts in your area.

Mike Read
10th Sep 2006, 08:48
Further to my last you may get some info from the Hon Sec at [email protected]

luffers79
10th Sep 2006, 17:42
Thanks Mike (Reid). His email address not working. My email returned as undeliverable.?

Mike Read
10th Sep 2006, 18:49
Luffers79
Try [email protected] I must have missed out a "c". He is the Hon Sec of the Aircrew Association Charitable Fund but must know addresses where you can make contact.
Mike

GengisKhant
15th Sep 2006, 14:50
There is an active RAFA branch in North Costa Blanca (Javea/Denia area) and a number of ACA are members. I have e-mail'd details of one of the ACA members to you - see your PM.... He should be in a position to advise you of other ACA contacts in your area.

GengisKhant :ok:

Jinkster
15th Sep 2006, 15:44
Have you tried contacting BFBS in Gibraltar - perhaps they may know something.....:ok:

A2QFI
15th Sep 2006, 15:51
There is an active RAFA branch in Estepona. I visited last year and went to the Remembrance Day parade in Gibraltar. They laid on a coach, good parade and beer and curry in the Sgts mess afterwards - a fine day out!

Link with contact details at

http://www.andalucia-life.com/andalucia_life_magazine/rafa/rafa.htm

Pontius Navigator
15th Sep 2006, 16:39
Brian Mc****n is at Calpe or thereabouts. No,not that one, this one was a pilot.

luffers79
17th Sep 2006, 15:26
Thanks to all who replied. No real joy, Iīm afraid.
Even at my age !! Iīm told that in "organised" Branches of the usual organisations - "unless you flew Lancs in the war , you donīt count". Thatīs why I mentioned 1950īs onwards. No disrespect intended - but itīs nice to be " comfortable & amongst those who know a little about a Jet engine, isnīt it.

anoraknaphobia
18th Sep 2006, 06:29
luffers

Try Flight Training Europe in Jerez. Their CGI is ex Javelins and Lightnings and joined in 1949. They don't call ground school at FTE Jurrasic Park for nothing!!

luffers79
6th Oct 2006, 06:59
Thanks for all the leads, folks. The nearer ones being followed up !