PDA

View Full Version : What is this aeroplane?

willow-blossom
7th Sep 2006, 17:33
Every few weeks I see a VERY low flying military type aircraft fly over my village - Turvey on the Beds/Bucks/Northants border. It's very slow & noisy and is a greeny black colour. It's always flying in the same direction (from the northeast to the southwest) - any ideas how I can find out what plane this is, where it has come from and where it is going, and why it flies so low!!!

Phileas Fogg
7th Sep 2006, 18:15
Without any further description of the aircraft whether it fighter or transport, prop or jet, modern or historic, it is practically impossible to guess but howzabout C130's transitting between Cambridge and Lyneham.

willow-blossom
7th Sep 2006, 19:41
Thanks I'll have a closer look next week :)

Simtech
8th Sep 2006, 10:48
Could well be a C-130. There is a westbound low flying track that passes just north of Bromham. I've seen C130s, Harriers, F-15s, Tornados and Jaguars (amongst others) using it.

the_fish@blueyonder.
8th Sep 2006, 12:44
I have Relatives in Bromham and when I was at thier house last month I hear a low flying prop plane, but didn't see it.

I presume this was the same plane the OP has been seeing.

Simtech
8th Sep 2006, 13:13
Bromham sees a lot of aerial activity as it lies directly under the hold and instrument approach to Cranfield, not to mention the north-south airways and an east-west radar corridor which permits military traffic to cross the airways.

The military low flying activity is sporadic to say the least; weeks can pass without anything happening, then it all happens at once, day and night.