PDA

View Full Version : IR training in spain for helicopters

7th Sep 2006, 11:15
Hi there, does anybody know of any schools in Spain offering IR courses for helicopters. Need to get this done before the end of the year and the UK is fully booked! Thanks

mrwellington
7th Sep 2006, 11:44
Spain is not JAR-FCL 2

7th Sep 2006, 11:52
According to LASORS it is.

212man
7th Sep 2006, 11:57
Mr Wellington, really? (genuine question)

http://www.jaa.nl/licensing/licensing_overview.html

7th Sep 2006, 12:13
I spoke to personnel licencing in the CAA this morning and they suggested I look outside of the UK. The only thing he said to check, is that the school is registered by th Spanish authorities for running a JAA IR and the licence is current.
The link to the JAA page shows the same standard for FCL1 in spain and there are plenty of schools doing JAR ATPL courses for fixed wing.

I could be wrong, I suppose if any schools come up, the thing to do is ring them and see what they say.

mrwellington
7th Sep 2006, 12:23
The link to the JAA page shows the same standard for FCL1 in spain and there are plenty of schools doing JAR ATPL courses for fixed wing.

And the relation to FCL 2 is ?

jab
7th Sep 2006, 13:31
I tried a year ago to do the JAR in Spain and failed dismally. I could not find one school which could do it because the CAA had stopped the issuance of any licences pending the implementation of JAR OPS regulations, if I have that correctly. The fixed wing side was much better but helicopters were the forgotten ones.

That may have changed in the last six months but I doubt it. I went to the US to do the examinations but I still need to find a flight school to do the ATP ride and I dont feel like going through the headache in the UK.
Good luck and please let me know if you find a school in Spain to do it.

mrwellington
7th Sep 2006, 13:32
That's news to me

And mayby the Spanish FTO's according to this page (information pending :} )
http://www.jaa.nl/licensing/licensing_information_system.html

Vertolot
7th Sep 2006, 14:24
Try Roslagenshelikopterflyg in sweden, seems to have good IR(H) training. Using a Long Ranger for the training.

www.roslagenshelikopterflyg.se (http://www.roslagenshelikopterflyg.se)

Martin1234
7th Sep 2006, 15:25
There is also this new IR(H) school;

http://www.arlandahelicopter.se/

Using a B206 as well + training in a simulator and a modern fixed-wing to make it all cheaper.

Aser
7th Sep 2006, 17:57
If you want to try Spain, contact www.topfly.com

Regards.
Aser

helicopter-redeye
7th Sep 2006, 18:18
Try Roslagenshelikopterflyg in sweden, seems to have good IR(H) training. Using a Long Ranger for the training.

www.roslagenshelikopterflyg.se (http://www.roslagenshelikopterflyg.se)

Do you happen to know if they have an English version of the site. My Swedish is good but not that good...

Tak!

h-r;)

Martin1234
7th Sep 2006, 19:40
The website doesn't really say anything. As they refer to the pre-JAR terminology I doubt that the homepage is updated during the last few years.

For more information contact Christer Öhlund;
http://www.roslagenshelikopterflyg.se/crew/crew_contact.htm

The country code for Sweden is +46, then remove the first digit (0) in the area code.

Vertolot
8th Sep 2006, 05:26
Helicopter red-eye,

Sorry, seems to be in Swedish only! I saw somewhere that they had a English version as well but can't find it.

Anyway, give them a call and ask for Christer or Carl. I have a couple of friends that did there JAR IR(H) with them recently and they where very happy with the training.

:ok:

Shawn Coyle
8th Sep 2006, 10:01
You might try Intercopters in Madrid - they have an IR course with an approved Flight Navigation Procedures Trainer.
www.intercopters.com
The website is in Spanish, but they had some English speaking instructors, and were in the process of going to the UK market last time I was there.
They were also in the process of getting a BO-105 for the airborne, twin engine time.

VEMD
8th Sep 2006, 10:30
Try www.aerocondor.pt in Portugal, better than Spain.

helicopter-redeye
8th Sep 2006, 14:20
Pressing the button marked 'English Version' results in 'Soon Available'.

Or should it be Available Soon ...

Obrigado de qualquer maneira

helicóptero-redeye;)

autorotor
14th Sep 2006, 12:42
Just completed my IR with PROFLIGHT (Roslagens).
I must say it was a very pleasurable experience. Good training and good people. They will get the job done no matter what!:ok:

HillerBee
14th Sep 2006, 14:03
In Portugal they do the IR training on a Hughes 300??. So that must be a lot cheaper. Language might be a bit of a problem though.

Clavileño
14th Sep 2006, 16:03
you could get it here http://www.centervol.com/
The page in in English
good luck;)

Martin1234
14th Sep 2006, 16:45
Do the UK CAA accept to add an instrument rating (H) obtained through an FTO that does the training only in an aircraft like H300/R22?

Do "the big 3" North Sea companies care how the applicant obtained the instrument rating?

Jonasraf
14th Sep 2006, 19:59
Iceland is a JAR country and I am told that the Helicopter service (http://www.helicopter.is)is going to teach IFR any day now. They have B206L and a H-300 and have got approval from the CAA in Iceland to teach some part of the IFR on the H-300 (10-20 hrs).
You could contact them if you are intrested.

helicopter-redeye
14th Sep 2006, 23:10
My Islandic's good but .....

直升机redeye ;)

madman1145
14th Sep 2006, 23:58
It's not accepted in JAA to do a complete JAA IR course solely on piston helicopters - part of the training, also some simple simulators, yes. But not all ..
Another place is Billund Air Center in Denmark (www.billundaircenter.dk - Danish site with really no info, call instead - click on "BAC - bag om firmaet"). I know a Dutch girl has just started on the IR course, and I bet she can't speak Danish - training is done on R22 and B206L + a bit simple simulator ..
A good thing about doing it in Denmark is that the IR is VAT/tax free, if you got a CPL certificate, because it is considered commercial training, not private ;) - so the price is similary to Bristows price on their Jetranger, if not a bit lower. And I believe the waiting list is not that long like I hear Bristows is ..

If you wanna go to Spain, look up Aeromadrid - is said to be one of the most respected schools down there - I know they have been working (and waiting on the Spanish CAA) to get a JAA IR course - but since they have no Turbine heli for training now (what I know of), believe they sold their H500 that is anyway not approved for JAA IR training, I doubt they have any IR program right now ..

Iceland - didn't I just read that a Pizza up there cost something like 30-40 US dollars now and the lowest bankinterest is around 13-14% ?? - what is going on with your economy - hot hot HOT I say :eek: ..

Heli-Ice
15th Sep 2006, 01:14
www.airalpha.com in Odense, Denmark also provides IR training for those interested.

madman1145

Pizza up here costs an arm but our flying rates are lower than in the UK and VAT free. Pm me if you are interested in flying a 300C in Iceland.

Ahh..... the bankinterests... old politicians are running the show and this is what we get.

madman1145
15th Sep 2006, 07:08
Ahh, sorry about the jumpy conclusion concerning prices on Iceland ..

Air Alpha - yup, they got an IR program on a Bell 222 - but has their Bell 222 simulator been approved yet by the Danish CAA ??

- madman1145

GoodGrief
27th Sep 2006, 12:17
It's not accepted in JAA to do a complete JAA IR course solely on piston helicopters - : ..
Where can I read that ?

helimo
29th Jun 2013, 07:37
Hey does anybody have experience with Intercopters,Madrid IR Course ? Their offer for the IR on A109 sounds like a pretty good deal. Any informations about the company from former students are appreciated.

GoodGrief
29th Jun 2013, 09:36
What exactly is the deal? I can't see any numbers on their site.

helimo
29th Jun 2013, 10:46
The deal is about 38.000€ for IR on A109. To cheap to be true in my opinion.

eivissa
29th Jun 2013, 10:56
Then look at the prices of FAASA, TopFly (Bust!) or Aerea (Bust?) used to offer. All complete courses on ME aircraft (AS355F,A109A,B412...)

They offer(ed) the same rate or even cheaper. As to quality, availability of instructors/aircraft, security of your money...thats a different story.

helimo
29th Jun 2013, 11:22
Thats why I´m trying to find opinions from previous students. Ive already been to Madrid and talked to the instructors. Liked the people, but not sure if they can manage to guide me through the course the way I expect it from a professional flight school. Lots of teaching material seems to be available only in spanish. Also the instructors English proficiency could be better.

At the End a good price is not everything what counts. If i spent ten thousands of € for IR training, I want to make sure, that it brings me in the best position I can get to apply for Job.

eivissa
29th Jun 2013, 11:33
Not sure you find them here, but surely at the forum within extracrew (Extracrew.com | noticias de aviación y foros de aviación | foro de aviones, pilotos y TCP (http://www.extracrew.com)) as that is more focused on spanish aviation.

I would prefer places that have better connections to the offshore industry like Bond, Billund, NHC, HeliHolland...Some of them offer cheap SE IRs, but it will give you a better break into the industry.

Intercopters claim to have good connections to Inaer, but that is probably not the connection one wants these days...

helimo
29th Jun 2013, 12:17
Indeed, a flight school with connections to the offshore industry is a big plus.
And I´m in touch with a few of the schools you mentioned.
Its a very tough decision to pick the right one. The only reason why Intercopters is on my list is the fact that they offer ME IR for such a low price and I might know someone were I could stay for a while in Madrid.
Right know I´m doing my IR Theory at a German school. Until I´m done with the exams I need to bring my list of Top 4 flight schools down to only ONE !

Bond,EHC,Billund,Intercopters
4 different Aircraft,4 different countries, SE and ME,cheap/expensive,....:confused::confused:

You mentioned NHC ? Where is it ?

GoodGrief
29th Jun 2013, 12:19
One can do the IR in two countries now? Ground in one, flight in the second?
Last I heard that was a big No No.

helimo
29th Jun 2013, 15:53
As far as I know its possible to switch schools after you finished your theory.
Of course both schools must be approved FTO/ATOs.
I was told by EHC that this is a possible way to avoid the need of going to Norway for the Theory exams and many people have done this before without any difficulties. I hope it works.

eivissa
29th Jun 2013, 16:12
I actually meant EHC, not NHC!

Last time I checked with the LBA Ive got the same information as GoodGrief. theory and practical training must be done in the same country (other countrys do it differently). This was in JAR-FCL times though, but be aware...the LBA likes to brew their own set of rules and if you hold a German license they are the ones to tell you what they accept...and what not.

kotysky
29th Jun 2013, 19:17
I finished intercopters course 3 months ago, and it isnt 38000 euros, its 33000, but its done with a109, ugly machine to work in spain, this is the only a109A in spain operative of course.

Intercopters is a good place to do the IR, madrid a good city, and you can fly almost the full year, only on winter maybe some days there is fog, but dont worry, few days.

But I advise you to do with Bristow if you want have some oportunities to enter easly in a great company.

But think about that and your self ( tu mismo)...

Greetings

apb
29th Jun 2013, 22:02
koty, the price given by Helimo is the course price if you don´t have a previous ME TR. I spoke with Intercopters two weeks ago about it and since april the complete course price without a previous ME TR is about 38.000 euros

kotysky
1st Jul 2013, 08:49
app, you are right, i had a previous me tr...

sorry