PDA

View Full Version : R850 Shortly to be no more

miles magistrate
6th Sep 2006, 15:52
Heard today that R850 is closing in about 10 days time with a very short turnround time to restore it back to its natural beauty. Not too sure how true the Int is and would welcome confirmation. A quick look at the 414's show a significant part of my life is passing into the history books. How I will miss AJ and his monopoly of the remote, the constant smell of socks, bacon butties and damp squadies - bliss!

Shackman
6th Sep 2006, 16:22
Are they going to rebuild the chimney as well then?

Rev I. Tin
6th Sep 2006, 16:36
Aah,

The delights of t'mill, the one k tree and buzzard tower.

They're welcome to it!

snafu
6th Sep 2006, 18:10
Sounds like its all going down the tube now! ;)

Monty77
6th Sep 2006, 18:34
Ours to hold

Theirs to keep

Forever

Hopefully.

Bastards...

(Do you reckon I can sell this as 'art' to some Spam in 20 years time?)

NI vets sueing the dribbling mong Blair and his rotten estate as a full feature film.

Lucky I'm a good looking rake (as my Mum tells me).

Hueymeister
6th Sep 2006, 18:49
The sound of the Greenfinch being nailed in the Sauna next door...the 'new' buzzard hut and swanky control tower that was all built with the external dimensions being the internal ones...hence the QRF couldn't get down the corridoor tooled up! The old hut with 24hr spank and slap on the go in the crewroom....ahhhh thems were the days.

Oh yes...I did put the dustbin over the sat dish when AJ hogged the remote.....'where's the Puma gone...gone to Monaghan....etc'

The Helpful Stacker
6th Sep 2006, 18:54
Ahh R850, I feel like I spent half my TSW career there.

What joy at 0230 to have the little box on the wall squawk "Gazelle in the well" and to trot across in the (usually) p!ssing rain to give it a whole 20 litres.:mad:

Then again when an op was on and all the pans were full it got a little more interesting, what with all the embarking/disembarking troops trying their hardest to either run into a tail rotor or step off the wrong side of the steps.;)

I painted 6 of the numerous tour murals in the TSW crew room but apparently someone from Aldergrove said that they might offensive and instructed them all to be painted over.:{

helidriver
6th Sep 2006, 20:05
I bought a remote controller jammer for 4 quid from the Gadget Shop and had "hours of fun" jamming Golf and Star Trek in R850 and Y011. I particulary enjoyed watching AJ change batteries, tap, then smack the remote against chair until he would storm out of the crew room a beaten man! Great sport, especially for a pongo!
Hueymeister, I kneow yer naeme!!! :ok:
Regards,
Helidriver