PDA

View Full Version : False promises???

Saul
6th Sep 2006, 12:21
G'day everyone

First of all i'd like to appologise if this has been asked before but i looked through the boards and couldnt see it.

I've got a UK and NZ passport and recently moved back from NZ with a full CPL/IR with the promises of "better oportunities" for fresh minimum hours pilots, i only have 400 hours of which 50 are multi. I also hold an OZ CPL and have a diploma in aviation.

I'm currently doing the ATPL theory and have made arrangements to get my full JAA frozen ATPL and MCC by March and i suddenly thought how much of what i have been told is true (stupid i know, but too late now eh)

What is the job market here like? Is it really possible to find myself on the flight deck of a 737 when i finish my conversion in March, or am i doomed to live in debt forever chasing false promises!

If the market isn't as bad as all that which airlines take minimum hours pilots and how do i go about getting my name heard, i hear Ryanair does but looking into that it looked like a nightmare.

Any help would really really be appreciated.

scroggs
6th Sep 2006, 14:42
Your previous, identical post was moved to an appropriate, pre-existing thread. Please do not re-post because it wasn't immediately obvious to you where it had gone. It's here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2827213&postcount=33), in the Interviews, Jobs and Sponsorships section of Wannabes, where it belongs.

Scroggs