PDA

View Full Version : Logbook Rebinding

FlyingBob
6th Sep 2006, 11:45
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help put me in contact with the company/person that does logbook rebinding. I've one of the older ones with the Vulcan and Anson in the example summary section.

Basically I need to get the Simulator section changed to have all of the Crew, Night, IF, NVG, etc columns included (Currently I only have the Date, Type, Duty, 1st Pilot and 2nd Pilot columns).

Also my current one is on the older, darker, (beige-ish) paper as opposed to the new white and would need the new pages to be printed on this to.

Any recommendations as to who could do this would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Bob

R 21
6th Sep 2006, 11:56
There is a company called RJ Bond in Somerset who I used and he did a great job. His number is 01935 827762 give him a call and see what he can do.

timex
6th Sep 2006, 12:01
There is a company called RJ Bond in Somerset who I used and he did a great job. His number is 01935 827762 give him a call and see what he can do.

Ditto, the guy will do whatever you want done and make a cracking job too. He can also put in any pages that you want.

Low Ball
6th Sep 2006, 12:21
I had mine done at the British Legion village of Enham Alemain, near Andover , in thier book repair section. Sorry no contact now but it shouldn't be too difficult to track them downi. I don't know if they still do it but they did a grand job.

Low Ball

FlyingBob
7th Sep 2006, 15:05
Thanks guys,

I think I'll give the Somerset chap a bell and see if he can sort me out with what I need (just because he has 2 recommendations to 1).

Thanks again,

Bob

airborne_artist
7th Sep 2006, 15:09
I think you'll find that Mr B has been rec'd on here before.

MG
8th Sep 2006, 07:22
Flying Bob,
I'll give you a third recommendation for RJ Bond. It cost me £45 plus £5 P&P. Superb job. You don't need a replacement book, just tell him what pages you want adding and how many.

FlyingBob
8th Sep 2006, 11:24
I think you'll find that Mr B has been rec'd on here before.

I did a search on here before posting the thread but didn't come up with any relevant threads, I may have used the wrong keywords though.

Bob

Hoveronly
8th Sep 2006, 11:25
A novel way of increasing ones hours?

FlyingBob
8th Sep 2006, 11:26
Flying Bob,
I'll give you a third recommendation for RJ Bond. It cost me £45 plus £5 P&P. Superb job. You don't need a replacement book, just tell him what pages you want adding and how many.

Thanks,

Do you know if he has his own copies of different logbook issues or would I have to send him a blank new style one so he could copy the pages I wanted. I guess I could just ring and ask him.

Bob

FlyingBob
8th Sep 2006, 11:27
A novel way of increasing ones hours?

Well it appears Douglas Bader did it to get to 500, but no its not.

Bob

timex
8th Sep 2006, 12:30
Do you know if he has his own copies of different logbook issues or would I have to send him a blank new style one so he could copy the pages I wanted. I guess I could just ring and ask him.

Bob, give him a ring would be my choice. When I had mine done he showed me around his "workshop" and he had nearly all Brit log books with the various pages (even the A4 Navy one).

The binding itself is superb.

seafuryfan
8th Sep 2006, 18:43
RJ Bond- aka 'Bookbind Bob'. Did a great job job my logbook (3 into one). Instructions carried out to the letter.

MG
10th Sep 2006, 17:02
He has whole load of designs available. As suggested earlier, it's probably best to call him and he can talk you through the process. I think he just photocopies the relevant pages. Don't be put off; you just can't tell the difference. A top tip: Get him to put your name on the spine so that you can easily see your book in the pile on your flt cdr's desk.