PDA

View Full Version : Irritating Embraers

DB6
5th Sep 2006, 20:07
How can such a little plane make such a lot of noise? How many pleasant turnarounds on a sunny apron have been ruined? Come on chaps, I know it's sleek and all that, but do you have to run that F@*&ING APU all the time?

ray cosmic
5th Sep 2006, 20:20
Most of 'em have this hushkit on the APU. Otherwise indeed its a pain.

brain fade
5th Sep 2006, 20:23
I know the APU is noisy but we most times have no GPU so it's a choice of killing all the 'lectrics or leaving it running. Recently, some airports have made similar complaints to yours (Bristol for example), so now we leave it off until boarding. 'Couurse Brizzol now has to provide a GPU upon arrival as the Barbies batts go flat real quick with normal load on them.
The ATR with it's 'Hotel mode' is a lot worse IMHO.
Ironic how the APU is about 5 times as noisy as the engines.:confused:

HS-125
5th Sep 2006, 22:30
Just like the Hawker 125's! Everytime I hear one of their APU's start, I think it's a Bravo starting engines!

Spitoon
5th Sep 2006, 22:33
I know it's sleek and all that...........Huh????????

Lost in Saigon
5th Sep 2006, 23:31
Which Embraers have noisy APU's?

jet2impress
5th Sep 2006, 23:40
Which Embraers have noisy APU's?

The 145's & 135's, they don't half scream!

brain fade
5th Sep 2006, 23:47
Sitdoon

If you don't think the Barbie is sleek- you don't know what sleek means!:cool:

Chesty Morgan
5th Sep 2006, 23:52
Sleek (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleek_Geek_Week)

Well this is what Wikipedia came up with at 100% relevance! arf arf!

Gimme a CRJ anyday:E :}

Sir Thomas
6th Sep 2006, 13:01
Sleek looking ?? bit of string and it's a flying tampax, come on boys, any airliner you can't even stand up in isn't a real one...:E

tallaonehotel
6th Sep 2006, 16:35
The usual droll about the embraer yawn yawn, it is classified as a jet transport aircraft the last time I looked at CAA C of A on board one?
The APU on this aircraft is being worked to the limit of what is was designed for, hence the racket it makes. What do you expect for the price tag?
I give you a word of advice, wear ear defenders if it bothers you so much?

Dani
6th Sep 2006, 19:42
I understand that there are different APU's on the market, but I don't know any one of them being significantly louder than others. Most airlines use the APICs.

Your complaints may come from the fact that, due to the size of the aircraft, you spend some time closer to the APU than on a bigger plane. I promise you, an APU on a mid size jet like a 737 or a 320 is about the same.

And for those not liking a running APU, you can happily chose a commuter liner without one, like a Jetstream or a Saab 340 - you will like the cold seats in the morning and the unbearable heat in the afternoon... ;)

Dani