PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood Revival weather

Kiltie
5th Sep 2006, 18:49
Did any of you have advance tickets bought for Goodwood last weekend but couldn't fly in due to the weather? Over Saturday and Sunday all I saw on the Met Office website was OVC003 +TSRA with SEV TURB throughout SOU, SHM, BRS, LGW etc.

Despite rebooking an arrival slot for Sunday and a review of the weather, it would have been madness to attempt to hack through that weather in a light single from the north of Scotland.

After returning my unused tickets and a full explanation of how disappointed we were not making it this year; the non-availability of scheduled flights to LGW or LHR at short notice; and the distance of our departure point, Goodwood have stood firm in their no refunds policy. I even asked for a compromise in replacing with tickets for next year, but this was also denied.

£350 out of pocket.

Thanks a bunch Goodwood.

Flik Roll
5th Sep 2006, 19:26
If the TAF's were like that all weekend why didn't you drive down? I know it's a long way but...

Kiltie
5th Sep 2006, 21:06
11 hours one way by car. And we re-booked Sunday because ATC there reckoned the weather would improve by Sunday. In their defence it was an unofficial observation.

shortstripper
5th Sep 2006, 21:15
You won't get a lot of change out of Lord March :mad: ... but then buying tickets on the basis that flying from Scotland should be at his risk, is perhaps a little silly?

SS

Kiltie
5th Sep 2006, 21:25
Maybe. I won't be in a rush to book next year though.