PDA

View Full Version : Holder's Operating Capacity

emdiesse
4th Sep 2006, 19:51
Went for my introductory flying lesson today and i have a question regarding my logbook.
What does P.U.T stand for?

FunFlyin
4th Sep 2006, 20:01
It stands for Pilot Under Training

Or dual. So any lessons you take it would go under that column normally

Chinchilla.612
4th Sep 2006, 20:02
Hope you enjoyed your flight :O

It stands for "Pilot Under Training".

Happy landings.

Chinchilla.

emdiesse
4th Sep 2006, 20:08

I want to have another lesson. I didn't know it was about 32 hours you have to put in for a PPL. However, I am off to university in september but it is on my to do list when i have finished.

I have always wanted to be able to fly a plane.

I was also pleased to see my house from the sky!

DB6
4th Sep 2006, 21:05
Most logbooks have a couple of pages of explanatory notes near the front, they will tell all :ok: .

Mike Cross
4th Sep 2006, 22:47
Or download this document (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS_06_WEB.pdf) which will answer your question and a whole host of others that will arise as you progress through your training. Have fun!

tangovictor
4th Sep 2006, 23:07
as others have said, have fun, check out the nppl rather than ppl if cash is short

Gertrude the Wombat
5th Sep 2006, 21:44
as others have said, have fun, check out the nppl rather than ppl if cash is short
Well, it might not make much difference to cash, as you have to pay for however many hours it takes you to learn how to fly ... but the NPPL may be an option if you can't pass the PPL medical.

Brooklands
6th Sep 2006, 13:27
emdiesse
I didn't know it was about 32 hours you have to put in for a PPL
Its a bit more than 32 hours:} For the JAA PPL its a minimum of 45 hours, and for the NPPL I think that its 35 hours.
Brooklands

Sedbergh
6th Sep 2006, 13:59
If you're off to uni, see whether there are any available links to a gliding club - it's often cheaper for students.