PDA

View Full Version : Bond/Bristow/CHC

Jenson Button
4th Sep 2006, 10:57
Does anyone working in Aberdeen know of any accommodation on a short term monthly basis. B&Bs are a bit expensive. About to start work up there.

Jenson Button

Camp Freddie
4th Sep 2006, 15:05
in my experience all rental accomodation is expensive up there, but in the past at least (not sure about now) that it was relatively much cheaper to buy.

regards

CF

The Hustler
4th Sep 2006, 15:25
e.g. 2 bedroom flat on 3rd floor in the centre of Aberdeen - £500pm

Check out http://www.aspc.co.uk/ - they do homes to lease as well as buy . . .

HeliEng
4th Sep 2006, 19:55
When I was working up there, I had a 1 bedroom flat, (not studio, four rooms, living, bed, bath and kitchen with own front door, loft, parking space. Just on the outskirts of town on the airport side and I was paying £360 per month, which I didn't think was too bad.

Back the reality of Southern England now!!!! :bored: :bored: :( :(

Wizzard
5th Sep 2006, 01:37
So which of Bond/Bristow/CHC are you going to work for?

Jenson Button
5th Sep 2006, 07:54
Apologies, I'm not a rotorhead - work fixed wing, but someone suggested that the rotor community in ABZ were a friendly bunch who might have a spare room going.

As there are plenty more heli crews in ABZ than fixed wing, I thought it was worth a chance.

Thanks for the replies so far, much appreciated.

Jenson:O :O :O

Agaricus bisporus
5th Sep 2006, 10:38
There used to be a caravan site on the Newmachar Rd a mile or three past Dyce, they were occasionally known to let empty 40' caravans. They were quite comfortable, to my surprise.

As the holiday season ends the lure of the only cash they'll see for another 8 mths might work for you...

Impress to inflate
6th Sep 2006, 08:47
You're right, we are a friendly bunch, don't bite much.