PDA

View Full Version : Rostering Practices 2007

Mr. Bloggs
4th Sep 2006, 02:30
"The Management team undertook to review the concept of Based Reserve for the B744 Passenger and Freighter Fleets with the aim of reducing the Hong Kong based reserve task, and this will be monitored by the JRC."

Based pilots, expect more reserve on a base instead of “A” Days. The new agreement will actually cost you more. No more “A” days at home but rather travel to your base to take up reserve. The “A” days are free reserve for the company.

"Reserve
• The Company has undertaken to review based reserve and freighter reserve on the
B744 with the aim being to reduce the HKG based CN’s Reserve task.
• The Company has undertaken to reduce the amount of based Officers Outport Reserve
in HKG."

“Undertaken to review” is just lip service. Again, more based pilots on reserve. Expect to be away from home a bit more for the based pilots and doing more reserve in your base.

“However Management did undertake to reduce Based Officers’
Outport Reserve in Hong Kong”

If I were a based pilot and have to do reserve, I would rather do reserve in Hong Kong than on a base. At least I will be in the hotel and per diems at the company’s expense, instead of being in a hotel in LAX at my expense.
Based pilots expect to spend some more money and be away from home more. Sounds like a good deal.

"Probably the greatest source of feedback that the Association Rostering Team receive arises
from when a Scheduled Duty is replaced with a Reserve Duty, and it was a stated aim for the
recent Review Talks to have this Reserve count toward the 30 days per Birth Year total.
Unfortunately, despite significant discussion, Management were not prepared to agree to this
requested change."

Some flexibility shown by the company. Just get rid of the 30 days FREE reserve and we would not have this problem.

"There has been significant feedback from the Membership regarding the amount of outport
Reserve undertaken in Hong Kong by Based Crew. The Rostering Team attempted to convince
Management that such Reserve should count toward the crew member’s yearly total of thirty
days but were unable to extract this concession."

More Flexibility shown by the company. Do away with 30 days free reserve.

"Management were not prepared to increase the notice period for callout on Outport reserve
from 45 minutes but did advise that Crew Control (CC) will agree to longer periods on an
individual basis as the task permits"

More flexibility by the company. Has anyone ever seen CC tell the truth?

If we are going to throw the 5-4-3 rule away forever, can we not get something for it instead of some agreed “SOFT” constraints. This is not even considered by CC. They have to get the job done at all costs.

The “O” days, CX do what they want with them anyway?

"Hours worked:

Common industry practice
• Work rate distribution even over year
• Better balance of work
• GDOs/Days Off balanced between crew
2 hr/day credit for Leave and Sickness
on the published Roster, plus
assurances on ‘stacking’, ‘work
balancing’ and ‘roster stability’."

This is practice now and I have never been worked stacked so much in my life. Again, lip service. Is their a definition of work stacking? You tell the GMA that you are being worked stacked and he is says no. So where do you go from there. We all know what CX assurances mean. Most do anyway.

Request System:
Request system not specified in the
Agreement and success rate low due to:
• No requirement on the Company to
satisfy requests
• Inflexibility of 5-4-3 plus
• ‘Below the line’ problems with Annual
Productive Hours Threshold (APHT,
part of Option 2).
Request priority not in accordance.

If the company has inflexibility of 5-4-3 and problems with Annual Productive Hours Threshold should we not get something for it if we help them out. This seem alot to give up for getting the odd request to go through.

Reserve:

I would rather have my FDP start at the 4 hour mark instead of being on reserve for 11:55 then called out to do a 11 hour duty all night. Being contactable the day before an “A” day and on the “A” day is two days free reserve. The company will keep this in spite of the outcome.

You are going to give this away and get 30 days “FREE” reserve?

JRC duties:

Do you really believe that the AOA has any say in the JRC? Lip service.

Fallback RP94:

The main reason the Company was willing to move away
from RP94 is that this provision made life very difficult for them from a manning perspective.

The company does not want to go back to RP94 and “when” the court cases come to fruition, they will be under some pressure to get this done. In the meantime, they will try to get it all for nothing. If the current RP07 is voted down, it would be in the interest of the company/AOA to go back to the table.

With all the constraints of the fallback policy, the company will be under some pressure to resolve this as they will have a manning problem. We as pilots may have to go through some months of hard work while the company and the AOA sit down and come up with a deal that suits us both.

BTW, ask some 744/Airbus how much overtime they are getting with RP 04? It will be unsustainable with the fall back policy.

tifters
4th Sep 2006, 02:45
Yeah and i like the company flexibility when they say they are not prepared to get rid of O days between integrated patterns!!!!! Typical on 777, 4 day int, one O day, then 5 day pattern of sorts. Quite common and they say they cant roster us for a G day in a 10 day block!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had that O turn into a trip when they told me my day off in 7 had been in PNG on the 4 day trip prior, now thats flexibilty!!!!!!! Gotta love it!!! Those who think it wont affect them, beware, your 777 days are fast approaching!!