PDA

View Full Version : Vulcan resurrection

12wafoo
3rd Sep 2006, 07:49
Now they seem to be resurrecting a Vulcan, are we to get a repeat of the 'Cockpit' article of how the crabs won the Falklands war with a single mission? Remember, according to leading academics, the RN won the Battle of Britain......
:)

BEagle
3rd Sep 2006, 08:05
What an impressive first post.

Are you some kind of love child of the Bearded Bull$hitter?

FJJP
3rd Sep 2006, 08:53
I have no doubt you would have found some other topic to latch on to to start vitriol between the Services.

Grow up.

If we've got any sense guys, we'll leave this topic alone and let it swiftly descend into obscurity.

Our Forces have enough on their plates [JOINT OPS] without this kind of drivel.

microlight AV8R
3rd Sep 2006, 09:15
What an amzing sense of timing!
I suspect that you may find that inter-service banter is largely suspended at present hereabouts after yesterdays tragedy.

vecvechookattack
3rd Sep 2006, 09:19
No mate, yr not quite right there. The RAF won the BofB all right but the RN saved the country from invasion by the Nazis....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5281238.stm

Navaleye
3rd Sep 2006, 19:09
Vecs point is valid. The Germans said themselves, that even if they achieved total air superiority, they could not have prevent the Home Fleet interdicting the invasion lanes, thus ending it.

iank
6th Sep 2006, 11:19
Gosh hasn't it gone quiet here?

Will the last one out turn the lights out - or will Tombstone need them on for his rehearsals?

Tombstone
6th Sep 2006, 11:31
Feel free to turn the lights out, I'm still drinking through a straw with my legs in plaster. Looks nasty, Doc says.. I... might.... not... make...

romeo bravo
6th Sep 2006, 11:33
... the RN won the Battle of Britain......
:)

Thought the US Navy won the Battle of Britain :}

RB

iank
6th Sep 2006, 13:00
Feel free to turn the lights out, I'm still drinking through a straw with my legs in plaster. Looks nasty, Doc says.. I... might.... not... make...

Aah - so your 'fan' club caught up with you then? :rolleyes:

Flatus Veteranus
6th Sep 2006, 18:32
Vecs point is valid. The Germans said themselves, that even if they achieved total air superiority, they could not have prevent the Home Fleet interdicting the invasion lanes, thus ending it.

And Churchill himself said (somewhere!) that he would never have allowed the Home Fleet to expose itself in the narrow seas. He would have withdrawn it to bases in N America to "live to fight another day". :p

PPRuNe Pop
6th Sep 2006, 18:40
A pointless post - for a first time poster. Sorry it had to take so long to bin it.

PPP