PDA

View Full Version : Quick Actuals Question

JagRigger
3rd Sep 2006, 07:24
Hi all

Just a quickie, never having had to claim under JPA yet and not having time to trawl the somewhat large JPA thread, can anyone summarise my entitlement per night whilst on a resettlement course.

Don't worry about the B&B rate or motor mileage - it's just how much am I allowed to eat!

SNCO if it makes a difference

Thanks

ExJAFAD
4th Sep 2006, 12:04
Hello

Sorry bout the delay wanted to check JSP. I think I have it correct.

Breakfast is included with your hotel bill so will be actuals.
If you have dinner included with the hotel then it is included with the bill as above. (Must provide reciepts)

Daily Subsistence rate is 21.00 per day. However abated rate when dinner, bed and breakfast is provided in hotel is 4.20.(Must provide reciepts)

You can also claim Incidental Expenses of 5 a day for UK or 10.00 for overseas. (The old MIE (papers, phone calls, laundry etc.)) Reciepts not necessary as below 5 a day.

Sorry for no currency sign as using a US keyboard at the mo.

Hope that helps as a guide, worth checking with HR (PSF sounds better) staff before you travel BTW.

Wader2
4th Sep 2006, 12:25
<<Daily Subsistence rate is 21.00 per day. However abated rate when dinner, bed and breakfast is provided in hotel is 4.20.(Must provide reciepts)>>

Looks similar to the old proportions except it looks like you only get 20% for lunch.

The old rule was 1:2:2 which would have been £4.20-£8.40-£8.40 using the figures above.

Checking the website I found this:

Full Cost of Hotel when booked through CHBS, plus DS where entitled. For CHBS Dinner + B&B bookings, actual dinner costs (within DS limit) may be claimed with itemised bill. If no itemised bill, actual DB&B costs will be paid, but any DS costs will be limited to the abated DS rate (£4.20) __

This suggests that you can have a dinner up to £21 and nothing else if you have an itemised bill. If you don't have an itemised bill your dinner could cost £25 AND you can get £4.20 for lunch???????