PDA

View Full Version : Samson Aviation Newcastle (watchout!)

nouseforaname
2nd Sep 2006, 19:37
Arrived one evening before the out of hours charges started....

Very friendly Samson Aviation employee told me that they were NOT going to charge us an out of hours fee if we turned up just before 8am the following morning.

On arrival the Samson terminal the following morning there was a GoldAir Lear55 just loading passengers and about to depart. I arrived with my passengers at 7.55am. Paid but unfortunately overlooked the bill as I was in a rush to avoid an ATC slot (was the morning of all the terror alert).

On looking at the bill I found I had been charged a £65 out of hours charge for turning up 5mins early after being told I wouldn't be charged one and the bill was printed out by the same employee of Samson....watch out my fellow GA friends...

dublinpilot
2nd Sep 2006, 20:21
Did you ring to remind them that you were told you wouldn't be charged, and ask for a refund for the obvious mistake?

If so, what was their reaction?

nouseforaname
3rd Sep 2006, 16:44
I did ring them and told them. The same employee promised me a refund to be returned to my UK address....still waiting for it.

I shall have to remind him.

But just thought I'd warn others who might be going there

bar shaker
3rd Sep 2006, 17:32
Ring your card company and have the transaction disputed. Explain the circumstances.