PDA

View Full Version : UK TRE Course

TiPwEiGhT
2nd Sep 2006, 19:22
Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a TRE course/instructor. I believe Mike Green does them, is he with Helicopter Services now? Also, is anybody able to give me a rough cost for a Single Engine, Single Pilot TRE course and what it envolves.

Cheers,

TiP:ok:

Aesir
2nd Sep 2006, 20:44
Since you mention TRE I assume you are in JAA regi.

I believe that a company will have to appoint you as an TRE for their operation and apply for approval to the CAA. An individual can not become a TRE on his own, but then again if you are in the UK it might, donīt know.

To become a FE the aviation authority of your country will have to appoint you.

Flingingwings
2nd Sep 2006, 21:33
Mike Green is with Helicopter Services. Sure either he or Leon can help you out. They're a good bunch :ok:

Although, as is the case with quite a few of the better places, you may find you'll need to book a bit in advance :)

TiPwEiGhT
2nd Sep 2006, 21:58
Thanks for the replies guys, I am based in the UK, does anyone know if it is the case I require to be nominated to the CAA by the company I work for?

TiP:)

Pete O'Tewbe
3rd Sep 2006, 07:28
As Aesir has already stated, you need to to be sponsored by a (your) company.

TiPwEiGhT
3rd Sep 2006, 09:18
Cheers Pete, just wanted to clearify as Aesir said it may be different in the UK. Thanks for your help guys will get in touch with the CAA next week.
TiP:ok:

Banjo
3rd Sep 2006, 19:20
As well as being nominated by a company you will also need an instructor rating (unlike the old days when you could just be a company TRE) and may therefore need to take a TRI course first, unless you hold an FI already.

When deciding on FE's I know that as well as experioence the CAA also look at geographical requirements and so if there is already a couple of testers in your area they will not appoint any more before someone retires to make space. Not sure if they apply this test to TRE's

Mike and Leon at Helicopter services will see you right and make sure you know what is needed. Have to say now days the emphasis is on making sure that you get everything in order and have covered your butt against a Reg 6 appeal should you fail someone. The flying side is important but you do end up feeling if maybe it is second to the paperwork

With ammendment 4 to JAR FCL2 there is a heap load of new grey areas so you really need to talk to someone who knows what is going on and sadly at the moment there doesn't seem to be anyone especially at the Belgrano who does.

Good luck
Banjo

TiPwEiGhT
3rd Sep 2006, 19:34
Cheers Banjo,

Nice informitive reply, I already hold an FI(H) rating, as far as I am awear there are no TRE's around here. Can you clarify what you were saying about "reg 6 and failing someone"???

TiP:confused: