PDA

View Full Version : A day in the life...

dm2000
31st Aug 2006, 22:05
I'm going through the recruitment process with ctc at the moment and having talked to previous entrants i've been told that they quiz you on what being a pilot entails on a day to day basis. I feel i know most things but would really appreciate someones input. Simple bullet points of what is required of a pilot from when they arrive for a flight through the process of getting ready for the flight. This may sound obvious but it's easy to miss something easy i.e checking the weather at you destination etc. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Gillespie
31st Aug 2006, 22:34
Hello Mate,

I was asked this exact question in my interview with CTC. Best option for this is to read Flyfish's post a little bit down the page entitled 'My line training diary' - or words to that effect. It's a superb post and it'll give you a very accurate insight of a day in the life of a short haul airline pilot.

Good luck in your interview. Chuck me a PM if you want anymore questions answered reqarding this particular interview.

G.

Ps. Best advice for the interview is to enjoy it! You'd be suprised with how at ease the interviewers will make you feel...

Gillespie
31st Aug 2006, 22:41
Sorry mate,
the post i refered to is actually in the adjacent forum...I've taken the liberty to post you the link...
Click here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=240786)