PDA

View Full Version : Missing address bar.

Mark M'Words
31st Aug 2006, 12:18
Need a spot of help here, for some reason I've lost my Internet explorer address bar, I don't know what I've done but it's not there anymore, there is a box in the top right corner of the page with address written on it but I can't get it to do anything. I'm using XP home and version 6 internet explorer or so I think, any help would be useful thanks.:ok:

maxell
31st Aug 2006, 13:09
Open IE go to view then toolbars and tick address bar

Mark M'Words
31st Aug 2006, 13:31
Thanks for the prompt reply, the only problem is I've tried that and when toolbars' has a tick next to it a square with address written on it is in view in the top right corner directly under the MSN flag icon and to the left of a similar square with links written on it and when you deselect toolbars it is only the square that disappears or reappears when toolbars are selected. Indeed the only way in which I'm able to change web addresses is via a Google bar which is situated where the original toolbar was. This was originally underneath the original msn toolbar which I now seem to have misplaced:sad:

spannersatcx
31st Aug 2006, 13:59
Not sure if I completely understand, but is there a seperator bar there, verical line of dots! if so place your cursor on the seperator line and you'll get a 2 way horizontal arrow, left click and hold and you'll get 2 vertical lines with arrows either side, once clicked and held drag the cursor underneath the other toolbars and it should be the address toolbar underneath the others.

hobie
31st Aug 2006, 18:37
is this of any help? .....

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=842903

Mark M'Words
1st Sep 2006, 13:39
Thanks hobie, worked a treat:ok:

hobie
1st Sep 2006, 18:21
well done .... :D