PDA

View Full Version : Blank Emails Crash Outlook

fmgc
31st Aug 2006, 10:48
I keep receiving emails that have no sender address, no recipient addresses, no subject and no body.

When this email is in my inbox it crashes Outlook. It crashes Outlook by just being in my inbox becasue when I restart Outlook it still crashes even though the email has been received and deleted from my server.

I have tried disabling all the Outlook plugins so I know that it is not any of those.

I managed to grab the header information from one of them the other day.

Received: with MailEnable Postoffice Connector; Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:41:21 +0100
Received: from 20151237069.user.veloxzone.com.br ([201.51.237.69]) by smtp.carrotworld.co.uk with MailEnable ESMTP; Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:41:18 +0100
Received: from w[7
Return-Path: <[email protected]>

Anybody have any ideas as it is causing me great anxt.

airborne_artist
31st Aug 2006, 13:29
I'd suggest downloading Thunderbird (http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/) and seeing if it has the same effect, for a start. Thunderbird is from the same stable as Firefox. more features like filters etc., free, and very robust in my experience.

fmgc
31st Aug 2006, 13:34
Thanks, but outlook runs my life and syncs with all other appliances that I have etc etc.

Moving away from outlook would not be an option.

I think that I may have found the offending bit of software by looking at the event viewer, and I think that it is my Vodafone Text Centre. I had not disabled it properly wheb torubleshooting.

Thanks all the same.

airborne_artist
31st Aug 2006, 14:12
Appreciate your issues about moving away from Outlook, but if were you able to DL a copy of the offending email into TBird you could then examine the mail more closely and deal with it without crashing Outlook.

BRL
31st Aug 2006, 20:41
You could try something like Mailwasher and see how that goes. I use it and I sometimes get the same emails as you describe. Mailwasher collects all your emails that are on your server then you can decide what ones to keep and you can select it to delete and bounce the bad ones so that all you get on your Outlook is exactly the emails you want.