PDA

View Full Version : Calling all AIMS users!!

ReadmyRoster
29th Aug 2006, 18:06
Hi,

I am trying to develop an application to change rosters produced by Excel Airways and AIMS (Thomas Cook, easyJet) into outlook calendar appointments that can be viewed on a PDA.

I am looking for flight crew (or cabin crew) who work for Excel or whose company use AIMS for roster publishing to test my application and provide as much feedback as possible.

The website is www.readmyroster.com (http://www.readmyroster.com)

Thanks.

beardy
30th Aug 2006, 10:23
What a good idea

Saab Dastard
30th Aug 2006, 11:06
The cautious might want to know if the code is reporting back to the developer under its own steam. If I was security/QA at an airline I'd want it blocked.

beardy
1st Sep 2006, 08:04
I have tried this software. It takes my roster, that is e-mailed to me as an attachment and puts it on to Outlook. Should it be sending info back to the programmer I don't mind, I don't mind sharing my roster (although I can't imagine it would be of much immediate use to anyone apart from my wife's lover!). The way I use it it is not, to my understanding, interfering or communicating with my rostering department since it only deals with a downloaded file on my computer. So why should security/QA be concerned with what programmes I run on my [personal PC?

ReadmyRoster
1st Sep 2006, 17:28
The software is designed to run in an offline environment and there is no reporting at all.

The html file is crunched in the computer's memory and no file (apart perhaps for an iCalendar output file) is created on the local machine.

Hope this helps :O

ReadmyRoster
23rd Oct 2006, 09:15
Support for Excel Airline rosters has now been added and I'm looking for people to try it out.

Cheers.