PDA

View Full Version : "Those Magnificent Men" Fly In Husbands Bosworth.

shockload
29th Aug 2006, 16:28
Dear All,
'The Soaring Centre' at Husbands Bosworth Airfield invite you to "Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines" Fly In and Party on Saturday the 16th September 2006. All Types of Flying Machines are Welcome.:ok:
There will be a Disco and a Raffle in the Evening and Maybe even a Band playing, so do feel free to bring your own Ear Defenders;)
Food wise, we have been Threatened with 'Authentic' Food for the Period by the 'Soup Dragons' in the Kitchen here. So Expect anything, but I promise you whatever it is that they are preparing, it will be Yummy!:ok: I may even get some Hungarian Gulyas cooking over the Fire in a Hungarian 'Bograsc'! It tastes better than it sounds!!:ok:
Tickets at £10 are available from the Office or upon Arrival if you wish to stay the Evening. Accomodation can be Provided also. Bring your Own Wheel Chocks!!:D Feel free to call us on 01858 880521
Happy Magdrops,
Shockload:8

powerless
31st Aug 2006, 06:07
Does a lack of comment mean that no Ppruners are coming?

Mariner9
31st Aug 2006, 08:57
Will be en-route back from Morocco on the 16th, otherwise I would have attended :ugh:

bingoboy
31st Aug 2006, 20:40
The wx has been so variable that forward planning is a challenge !
Nevertheless I have pencilled it in

powerless
1st Sep 2006, 18:11
Guess we will have to wait and see who arrives then.:cool:

UV
1st Sep 2006, 21:25
Pointless;
As this is the second post on this subject, and as I replied to the first, I thought it unnecessary to reply again!
UV

shockload
15th Sep 2006, 12:36
Dear All,

Just a quicky to remind you of the Fly In and Party tomorrow here at Husbands Bosworth Airfield.

All are very Welcome by Air or by Road. For more info on how to find us, have a look at www.thesoaringcentre.co.uk and click on 'Find us'. It will give you instructions on arriving by both methods.:D

If you are thinking of Flying in to Husbands Bosworth, there is a Noise abatement pattern (see the pretty map on the web site) but basically, just avoid the Villages if you can and keep a good look out for Gliders in the Area. On landing, be aware of Winch Cables that may be laid out on the runway. There will be someone to help you on the radio Frequency in use here, which is 129.975. Non radio A/c are welcome. If you could all just give a quick Phone call to the office on 01858 880521 before you depart to let us know that you are coming, Cheers!!:)

'Fingers Crossed' for the Weather and have a nice flight, we look forward to seeing you and your Flying Machines here at Husbands Bosworth.

Shockload:ok: