PDA

View Full Version : The price of aircraft.....

SASless
28th Aug 2006, 14:15
http://www.defense-aerospace.com/dae/articles/features/tab_14-08-06.gif

L J R
28th Aug 2006, 14:29
Money well spent I say.

mcidiot
28th Aug 2006, 14:34
It doesn't mention the FCA does it?

ZH875
28th Aug 2006, 14:51
And the point of this topic is.............

SASless
28th Aug 2006, 16:09
And the point of this topic is.............

....And the point of yer question is?

What is the UK spending on aircraft?

How many aircraft does the UK have?

What is the price of the UK version of the equivalent US aircraft?

There are loads of questions provoked by the chart!:ugh:

ZH875
28th Aug 2006, 17:01
SASless

You may have more aircraft than we have....:{

.....But we have never lost.......:)

And my dad is bigger than yours.:ooh:

Anyway, it not Quantity, its Quality....:ok:

(and we ain't got much of either!):{ :{ :{

Anyway, isnt the EA-18G the Growler, not Prowler......

Green Flash
28th Aug 2006, 18:45
180 C-17's.
:{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{

handysnaks
28th Aug 2006, 18:52
...and they're just for the small stuff that doesn't need a C5........

SASless
28th Aug 2006, 19:25
512 Chinooks....wokkawokkawokka:ok:

glum
28th Aug 2006, 20:29
But then, the Americans need them. Look at all the countries they've yet to invade!

Always_broken_in_wilts
28th Aug 2006, 21:49
Lets just pray that Tone says no to GWB on Eyeran cos my money is on the daft feckers goin for it:ugh:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

brickhistory
28th Aug 2006, 22:00
If we do, my money's on the no-need for transports, just a strike or two of the B-52 in its original design mode!

Above was a joke, this is question with no malice intended:

Why/when did the UK lose its will to fund its military properly? Your budget, like ours, continues to go up. Yours, like ours, continues to supply a smaller piece for defense. Why? Is the public happy with the social programs purchased instead?

None of the above is meant for insult; we are traveling along the same road in the States. The trick is how do we take a different path before it gets too late?

SASless
28th Aug 2006, 22:18
One can sure tell when the lads stagger home after closing hours.:rolleyes:

The Helpful Stacker
29th Aug 2006, 18:41
Anyway, it not Quantity, its Quality....:ok:

But quantity has a quality of its own.:p

Pureteenlard
29th Aug 2006, 18:53
Why/when did the UK lose its will to fund its military properly? Your budget, like ours, continues to go up. Yours, like ours, continues to supply a smaller piece for defense. Why? Is the public happy with the social programs purchased instead?
None of the above is meant for insult; we are traveling along the same road in the States. The trick is how do we take a different path before it gets too late?

It's not will, it's ability. We don't have the riches of an empire to call upon anymore. We are only a very small island . . .

Now if we had a united europe then it would be different but I really can't see that happenning (thank God!)

junglyking
29th Aug 2006, 21:32
Weren't our Merlin HM Mk1 about £45m each (ish)? Almost (but not quite) seems good value in comparison to the VH-71 (which I've know has every conceivable extra fitted before anyone says they are incomparable) - but $287m each!!! I wonder how little of that is coming to Lysander Road?

And what about the CH-53K (Heavy Lift Replacement)? $117m each!! Not surprising it didn't make the original SABR cut - couldn't buy a cab that costs more than the JCA!!!

I wonder how much the CH-47G is?? The F is excellent value at only $25m - anyone fancy leasing any of those to JHC once the G's are delivered.... commonality... CHF with it's own heavy lift? You don't need folding heads if you're not embarked........