PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Help?

kiwifly
27th Aug 2006, 19:28
Greetings all...

Just have a few IT type questions that maybe some kind soul can help me with.

Is there any place on the Net that you can download Jepp Approach Plates…without having to pay the big bucks? Just after some basic ILS type plates for some UK Airfields.

I’m having a play around with FS2002 and while I have it all loaded up, I’m unable to get the sound happening on it. I’ve gone into setting and then sound and they appear to be set up okay. But when I try to fly the Sucker it comes up on the top right hand corner in red letters with “no sound”. What am I missing here?

The final question is…does anyone know of a web site where you can just bang in a gross yearly salary and it calculates a net monthly salary.

Thanks to anyone with any answers.

Keef
27th Aug 2006, 22:20
Is there any place on the Net that you can download Jepp Approach Plates…without having to pay the big bucks? Just after some basic ILS type plates for some UK Airfields.
Jepp, NO. However, there are instrument approach plates on the AIS website. You need a login ID (which was free when I got mine and probably still is). Once you have your login, http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/html/aipad2.htm will take you there.

I’m having a play around with FS2002 and while I have it all loaded up, I’m unable to get the sound happening on it. I’ve gone into setting and then sound and they appear to be set up okay. But when I try to fly the Sucker it comes up on the top right hand corner in red letters with “no sound”. What am I missing here?
We'd need to know a lot more about your PC, config, soundcard, etc to be able to answer that. Also, does it play sound if you click on a WAV file? Will it play a music CD in the tray?

The final question is…does anyone know of a web site where you can just bang in a gross yearly salary and it calculates a net monthly salary.

No. You need a lot more information than that - such as tax code, deductions from pay, and and and. The Inland Revenue do a nifty form to calculate your tax due, but it's several pages long. Once you know the tax due and your other deductions (annualised), just subtract those from the gross and divide by 12.

Conan the Librarian
27th Aug 2006, 22:23
Re Q2, the answer might just be "Q" hit it a few times and see if that makes a difference.

Conan

kiwifly
30th Aug 2006, 07:05
Thank for the help...Conan....you were right it was as simple as a Q.

And Keef cheers....that AIS.ORG gave me most of what I needed.

Regards

NZfly